good? bad?

i need to get rid of the MG10 (thank god).

retails at about 600 bucks NZ.
i tried it in shop against older valvetronix models briefly (ad50vt, vt50) and i must say i like this more.

1. What is the General consensus on the VT40+?
2. How loud can it get, really? The guy in shop said shit about it getting higher than 40w, but i couldnt test in depth, so had no idea?
3. Can i use regular pedals with VT40+, unlike the peavey vypyr?

another option is the fender frontman 65R. in your opinion which is better/more versatile/able to play large gigs?
I owned one, it can use normal pedals. I used an ibanez TS-7 to boost the distortion channels, which really helped. Cleans are good. Its a versatile amp. It goes up to 60W according to the little dial on it
oh wow.

competes with a drummer well for practice and jamming? I plan to use this for everything, gigging included.

how well did yours perform in that aspect?
Practice and jamming it will do just fine. As for gigging, I have no idea, I never cranked it. I've heard towards to super high levels it can get muddy and wash out, but i'm talking about all the way cranked. It can get reasonably loud before sounding bad. I've seen 10 watt amps compete with drummers, its definitely loud enough, im just talking about sound quality.
Fairly sure it would be enough for jamming with a drummer, not sure it would be enough for gigging, could be worth spending extra to get the 80.

It doesn't have an effects loop, so pedals won't always give the desired sound as you have to have them before any modelling you use the amp for.

Other than that, it's a pretty decent amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'm currently trying to save up for this amp TS. If you do get it, could you let me know if it's worth getting?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
I'm currently trying to save up for this amp TS. If you do get it, could you let me know if it's worth getting?

For what it is, it's definitely worth the money.

It depends what your expectations of an amp are though. I presume you've read about it's specs and have determined it meets all your requirements? The next step is to go to a store and try one.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yeah, but there is none in my local store. I've only listened to it on youtube.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I have the Vox VT30 and when its mic'd up its fine for gigs, and on its own it can easily be heard over a drummer. So the VT40+ should be fine.