Page 1 of 2
I had a search and it seems there isn't a thread for us B.C. Rich owners. Well there is now

I own a gunslinger retro and I'm glad I bought it. What do you guys have?
]
I got a BC Rich platinum warlock. Pretty decent midrange guitar and cheap too! Been using it for yeeeeaaars...

Love nearly all of bc ruch stuff. Was thinking of upgrading to NJ Warlock or NJ JrV...
I have a B.C Rich Warlock Bronze Series and i have just put a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the bridge.... WOW it is now amazing.

sorry
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
i have a calibre classic mockingbird. very nice.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
I think I heard something about them doing USA production models now? I'm curious how they play considering the massive gap BC have between cheap-just about mid-range to custom shop 2 year waiting list stuff.

+1

Quote by Dr Sixstring

sorry

My calibre classic is so much better than your "PRS" SE it's not even funny. Face facts.

Also go **** yourself.

I don't normally slag off other people's gear but you started it. Maybe next time wait until you have a tyler or huber or something like that before having the temerity to pour scorn on other brands and other people's guitars.

EDIT: ok so that was probably a bit harsh and i apologise, but you deserved it. I hardly ever post in these "owners' threads", but i figured there'd be a bunch of trolls in the BC Rich thread, and lo and behold i was right. it only took about 3 posts, too.

Quote by loudSignal

BC Rich guitars are nasty.

nah

well the cheap ones might be. but the good ones aren't. That's pretty much the same with any of the big brands.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i have a calibre classic mockingbird. very nice.

+1

My calibre classic is so much better than your "PRS" SE it's not even funny. Face facts.

Also go **** yourself.

I don't normally slag off other people's gear but you started it. Maybe next time wait until you have a tyler or huber or something like that before having the temerity to pour scorn on other brands and other people's guitars.

EDIT: ok so that was probably a bit harsh and i apologise, but you deserved it. I hardly ever post in these "owners' threads", but i figured there'd be a bunch of trolls in the BC Rich thread, and lo and behold i was right. it only took about 3 posts, too.

nah

well the cheap ones might be. but the good ones aren't. That's pretty much the same with any of the big brands.

Most of them are cheap ones. I get to guitar shops every day and I've never played a good BC rich (except a custom one which costed 4 grands, but my JP beat it anyday with 1 grand less price.)
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
well, sure, but that's not the same as saying they're all nasty
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm talking about the 1000> BC. Rich's. Not the custom or signature BC. Rich's.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
I'd only get a pro x or better if its a BC Rich.

Even then, they're pretty ugly pieces of wood. They're just not what i want from guitars. Does that make them bad guitars? Not really.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 2, 2012,
I have a late '80s White Platinum Warlock I bought in '91 and I really like the guitar. It's a been a pretty good guitar all of these years. I have the tone control and little overdrive switch bypassed. With the right strings, it sounds kinda Les Paul-ish.

I used to hate the shape and that weird white but, over the years, I've grown accustomed, even fond. It's so ugly that it makes me smile, kinda like a three-legged dog. Also, it has a solid character. It never falls over when you lean it on the wall. I think all guitars should take a lesson and stand on their own two feet as well.
My first guitar was a late '80s red/blue crackle finish Platinum Assassin with a licensed Floyd. It had a little switch on it which I can only assume was a coil tap, but I'll never know now since I sold it(in one position you got a slightly gainier, treblier, louder tone, Iunno what it was exactly).

The bridge pickup was really nice honestly, and I LOVE the finish it had, but the Floyd system was pretty wrecked(the nut wouldn't lock, it had a push-in bar and for some reason there was only one screw on top keeping it in, I actually had it pop out of the guitar on me whilst restringing once), the neck and middle pickups were pretty weak(that said, however, I've never really been a Strat-style pickup guy), and I think it mighta been a 24" scale, about the same size as a JP, I'd say(I had a Vintage SG copy that was bigger, and those are a little smaller than normal SGs). It was a flipped righty too so I had little in the way of upper fret access. Woulda been a really nice guitar if it had a longer scale length, a better Floyd and was lefty though.

I know a lot of people hate on BC Riches, but what I wouldn't do for a nice Stealth(in whatever the Schuldiner model's in) or Warlock(in dark red or white). To be honest I think they look a lot nicer than PRS doublecuts. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I generally hate BC Rich guitars. But if I ever had to own one, I actually wouldn't mind an ole 80's gunslinger.
Quote by Dr Sixstring
I'm talking about the 1000> BC. Rich's. Not the custom or signature BC. Rich's.

mine was £550 granted now they're discontinued, but still. I just don't like massive generalisations
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
shame the haters can't stay out of thread meant for people who own and love a certain piece of gear (BC Rich in this case).

most people base their so called "expert opinion" on low end stuff like the bronze series. problem is that many have never played a high end or even the mid tier stuff. to bad that places like GC only carry the cheap stuff.

i owned an early 80s Mockingbird back in the day and it is the one guitar that i let go and really regret doing so. i traded it for the first Kramer Pacer that had that cool new Floyd Rose whammy bar. my mockingbird was US made but was from the Son of a Rich series that were a fairly basic model with a bolt on neck (made by wayne charvel) it had a leo quan badass bridge and dimarzio humbuckers. it was midnight blue (looked almost black) and just kicked ass. more recently i had a Bich that was a mid tier guitar and it to was a decent guitar (sold to friend who has his gear stolen, he still plays it in his band). as mentioned the czech made ones are excellent guitars and can be had on the used market fairly cheap for what you are getting.
i had a NJ Series superstrat for a long long time. bought it used in the 80s.

your eyes don't deceive you, that's an original ibanez edge on there.

i was a modder before it was cool.

^

Quote by monwobobbo
as mentioned the czech made ones are excellent guitars and can be had on the used market fairly cheap for what you are getting.

yeah

I mean i wouldn't put it in the absolute top bracket along with your tylers, hubers and the like, but i'd definitely put it in the next bracket. it's easily the equal of an MIJ ibanez prestige or something like that. Granted a totally different style of guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm glad there isn't some 11 year old 'metal head' with his bottom of the range warlock and line 6 spider trolling here
]
Well I do not have a B.C. Rich anymore, but I use to have a Metal Master that was actually surprisingly good. The only thing wrong with it was that the neck had a very steep negative angle to it but the fretwork was good and it sounded great. Deffinately played better than any ibanez I have ever had.
I bought an ASM Standard back in August/Sept, and I've played the hell out of it. It's a superstrat body, beautiful black cherry finish, good working floyd, Rockfield Mafia pickups. My only complaint is that the finish on the frets and the unbound neck edges aren't exactly a smooth feel. Fret edges are a little sharp, but those will smooth out the more I play it. I'm sure the ASM Pro has a better neck/fretboard finish, but I didn't want to pay the extra $$$.

It plays very nice after I tweaked it to my liking - low and fast, and a tremel-no bridge stop to eliminate the floating action. It's my primary guitar for gigs.

The RF Mafia pickups are great. They have an awesome hot sound, and dance on the edge of metal capability. But they seem best suited for high gain rock, which is what I play.

I'm not a fan of the weird shapes in the rest of the BC Rich lineup. That's just my preference.

my first guitar was a bronze series warlock, I ****ing hated it. it turned me off of bc rich for years but I played a mocking bird sv yesterday at guitarcenter. I think I'm in love. I'll be getting one very soon lol
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
I was actually looking at getting a Mockingbird ST, I haven't gotten around to trying one out, but I was wondering how reliable they are. Also how recently did they switch to Duncan Designed pick ups from the Rockfield Mafias? I haven't really heard anything good about Duncan Designed pickups from any guitar brand.
'73 Guild S-100
Jackson Dinky JS32R
Orange Tiny Terror 1x12 Combo
Quote by spectrrrrrre
I was actually looking at getting a Mockingbird ST, I haven't gotten around to trying one out, but I was wondering how reliable they are. Also how recently did they switch to Duncan Designed pick ups from the Rockfield Mafias? I haven't really heard anything good about Duncan Designed pickups from any guitar brand.

The Duncan Designed are a tiny bit muddy but they are not bad. They still have a good amount of bite to them and handle high gain pretty well and the cleans are not bad.
Cheap BC Rich are crap. Midrange to high-end BC Rich are awesome.
In fact, the only reason I decided against getting one is they didn't have a good one in stock when I went out to buy something.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Used to have one of these, but in the candy pink:-

Edit: it was the NJ one with the Floyd Rose, coil taps and so-on.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
I have a Celtic Virgo. I loved it so much until the neck snapped.
Now it's just a funny looking chunk of wood sitting in my room
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I have an NJ Series Mockingbird. I can't say I'm in love with it though. The neck and fret work is pretty nice though.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by cheapr2keepr

That looks pretty awesome. I feel the same about BC Rich. Can't really stand the weird shaped guitars, but their superstrats are actually quite nice. I think the ugly guitars like the Warlock and so on, are the reason so many people dislike the company.
Last edited by T00NES at Apr 7, 2012,
I used to own a NJ BC Rich Bich - really loved it always thought it was a great guitar. In the end I has mashed it up by dropping it too many times at gigs and gave it to a guitar charity!
I've got a BC Rich Mockingbird Special X (Dragon's blood finish). It's really great for a mid ranged guitar in my opinion. Feels good and sounds good. It's definitely a stage guitar, the shape and the red flamed maple top make it stand out, and it just feels "right" to move around with. Perfect weight and balance for me. I've got some other higher end guitars like a Gibson and Fender but it's a really great guitar, especially for the price. The Rockfield pickups in it (SMW or something?) sounds fantastic for hard rock and old-school metal. It doesn't really provide the "umph" that my Les Paul does for rhythm stuff, although it isn't lacking by any means, but I honestly think the Mockingbird sounds better for leads than the LP.
Theres a guy selling a interesting mockingbird here. Has any of you ever played one of these?
http://abilene.craigslist.org/msg/2894729077.html Mockingbird Evil Edge. He said it has active EMG, are the EMG's designed for Ibanez actually actives?
Quote by Darkdevil725
Theres a guy selling a interesting mockingbird here. Has any of you ever played one of these?
http://abilene.craigslist.org/msg/2894729077.html Mockingbird Evil Edge. He said it has active EMG, are the EMG's designed for Ibanez actually actives?

There are a few reviews for it on here, if you've not read em. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/bc_rich/mockingbird_evil_edge_se/index.html
Quote by Wisthekiller
I'd love a Bich 10...

Wouldn't we all? There is one at a store near where I live, it's awesome, but unfortunately I don't have the money to put into it... Sigh
I have 2 lefty warlocks, import platinum series and USA series. I actually prefer the cheaper one.
Lefties Unite!
Page 1 of 2