so my marshall mg ****ed itself and died and i got a new marshall avt2000. i was trying to hook my old mg cab (2x12 eminence 50w) to my new amp and use all four speakers. i think 2 celestions and 2 eminence would sound badass. but when i hook up the left speaker to the emulated left line out and the right to the right line out i only get a very small amount of volume. the celestions in the new amp work fine as usual. and i can plug in just the eminence with no problems so i know they work. so how do i hook up all four speakers to the avt2000? btw the amp takes min 8ohm. i really need to be louder and 2x12 aint cutting it. any help is appreciated.
MASTODON FTW
I'm confused on several points.

First of all, stating that you think 2 Eminence and 2 Celestions will sound good makes no sense. It depends on which models - not which brands. Some speakers compliment each other tonally and some have frequency tweaks that do not go well together. Get it?

In order to help further we need to know exactly which models of speakers and the ohm rating on each speaker.

Also, it sounds like you are trying run an emulated Line Out and a Speaker Cab Line Out at the same time? The AVT is a combo right? So you have that, a 212 cab and an MG head? Is that right?
no i have the mg 2x12 with the eminence and a blown head, and the avt2000 with the celestions. the mg takes a min 8ohm load and same with the avt. the celestions are 16ohm a piece and same with the eminence. im thinking i should just get an empty cab and toss the speakers in it and run them through the one of the loudspeaker jacks.
MASTODON FTW
Quote by deadlydictator
so my marshall mg ****ed itself and died and i got a new marshall avt2000. i was trying to hook my old mg cab (2x12 eminence 50w) to my new amp and use all four speakers. i think 2 celestions and 2 eminence would sound badass. but when i hook up the left speaker to the emulated left line out and the right to the right line out i only get a very small amount of volume. the celestions in the new amp work fine as usual. and i can plug in just the eminence with no problems so i know they work. so how do i hook up all four speakers to the avt2000? btw the amp takes min 8ohm. i really need to be louder and 2x12 aint cutting it. any help is appreciated.

A line out is just that, a line level signal for inputting into another audio device like a mixer - it's not powerful enough to drive a speaker.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, so if the AVT has an 'ext speaker cab' out and the volume is wrong when the cab is plugged in then don't do it. Maybe you can only have one or the other and there is a switch? I'd do not know much about the AVT honestly.

If all the speakers are 16 ohms then that means each 212 'cab' (combo of two speakers) is 8 ohms. In some cases with tube amps running two 8 ohm cabs will result in a 4 ohm load. One of your 'cabs' in this scenario is your AVT 2x12 combo. The AVT has a solid state power section right?
Sell it all and get a proper amp?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
gonna trade the mg for a line 6 spider 2 head and randall cab. probably wont use the line 6 because all that "insane" crap doesnt sound right to me. ill give it a shot anyways and plug up that randall to the AVT after. ill post an update when i get it this weekend.
MASTODON FTW
Quote by deadlydictator
gonna trade the mg for a line 6 spider 2 head and randall cab. probably wont use the line 6 because all that "insane" crap doesnt sound right to me. ill give it a shot anyways and plug up that randall to the AVT after. ill post an update when i get it this weekend.

You could just start over and buy something less terrible than an MG, Spider or AVT? Given the fact you're talking about 212 cabs you're probably spending enough money to get a much much much much much much better amp...
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Apr 5, 2012,