purely powerchord downpick palm mute songs. like some punk songs.

By the way if you downpick palm mute power chords.. is it only the root fifth ..or do u include the octave? It seems like a wide motion to me. :<

my downpicking stamina really sucks. i recon this'll help me.

suggest some good practice songs. or a good exercise.
Last edited by luxeion at Apr 2, 2012,
Master of Puppets (although it's now really punk)
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

You want a punk song that is constructed entirely from Powerchords? well you are in luck-most of them are :P

Some of Green Days songs I found usefull for getting to grips with powerchords, as were Bowling For Soup. I know you probably wont call these guys punk, but its all powerchords :P
Quote by jbab
Master of Puppets (although it's now really punk)

The reason I did this thread is to gain preparation for that.. I've been practicing that since last year. I think I attempted it to prematurely, so I'm starting right this time.

Quote by Powersurge213
You want a punk song that is constructed entirely from Powerchords? well you are in luck-most of them are :P

Some of Green Days songs I found usefull for getting to grips with powerchords, as were Bowling For Soup. I know you probably wont call these guys punk, but its all powerchords :P
Can you suggest specific songs?
Seriously, anything Misfits from the 1990s. (Famous Monsters or American Psycho) Good luck, also Doyle plays everything downpicked so that will prime you nicely
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Parkway Drive...

If you can play parkway drive, you can play master of puppets in your sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tajPROM8wk

That would be one of my favourites.

Pretty sure the riff at 0:50 onwards is quite a bit faster than master of puppets, and all their songs are generally that same tempo if not faster.
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 3, 2012,
Stryk - Can u suggest specific songs? I don't really know them, I've seen from them power chord strums or very slow downpick..

Vayne - its so fast haha. I have to practice it slow, it's something I can incorporate as a long term exercise [?] hahah. CC: thank you!

Who ShoT - The tempo is perfect for practicing thank you!
Well, of the top of my head: after about 1 minute of Helena there's some sick riffs/bits that's all downpicked. The Crawling Eye is also real nice It's not your super technical post progmetalcore but it'll work your arm.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

If you look at Offsprings conspiracy on one album, alot of that it down picked powerchords, go for 'I want you bad' catchy tune, easy to play, and foo fighters, 'all my life', is great, because it works your stamina and timing, so that'd be a good one to practice as well
I've seen
What you're doing to me
Destroying
Puppet Strings to our souls
Stryk - 16th notes @ 127 bpm downpicked.. seriously? The cover in youtube is being strummed..

loz4 - roughtly MoP speed.. won't be able to do it up to speed.. but will make good exercise for practicing thank youu. :>
Anything Rise Against will have a shit-ton of palm-muted power chords.
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."