Page 1 of 3
got an email a couple days ago from berklee. i was rejected i guess my guitar skills were not good enough, but question for anybody that goes there. when i was on a tour of the school a little while ago, i was walking through and saw a "gangsta" lookin guy all decked out with his snap back and baggy clothing. as i see him i think to myself, well he got in and he doesnt look very musicaly appt. now now i know what your thinking. you dick! how dare you judge him for his clothing. but lets be honest, he doesnt listen to classical or jazz and more than likely is not very musically diverse. so my question for anyone that goes there. how the hell did he get in? thoughts?
If he got in, then I would say it is actually pretty likely he does listen to classical or jazz.

And practice more?
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
got an email a couple days ago from berklee. i was rejected i guess my guitar skills were not good enough, but question for anybody that goes there. when i was on a tour of the school a little while ago, i was walking through and saw a "gangsta" lookin guy all decked out with his snap back and baggy clothing. as i see him i think to myself, well he got in and he doesnt look very musicaly appt. now now i know what your thinking. you dick! how dare you judge him for his clothing. but lets be honest, he doesnt listen to classical or jazz and more than likely is not very musically diverse. so my question for anyone that goes there. how the hell did he get in? thoughts?

I don't look like I listen to 30's american gospel, but I do. Don't judge people on their clothes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
but lets be honest, he doesnt listen to classical or jazz and more than likely is not very musically diverse.

How do you know?
Most of the time I dress like a classic rocker, and I basically only listen to folk and jazz.
Affirmative Action

or
Quote by L2112Lif
He's good at what he does. You know they have courses for production, music-related law, and business too, right?

That more likely
typical of any post-secondary institution.

hmmmyess i'm afrraid you are not of the intelligent level to which we are requesting you to be. *insert snobby prof meme with the eyeglass thing*

bro, think outside the box.
yep. this is about what i was expecting from UG, and this is why he doesnt. hes a black kid wearing basketball shorts, a basketball snap back cap. and a letterman basketball jacket. dont kid yourselves. this guy does not listen to anything classical. yes he might have gotten in for the other buisness stuff but seriously. lets not buyllshit each other. he doesnt listen to jazz
Let's be honest, he may look like a turd to you

But he's way more musically advanced than you AND in berklee
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
yep. this is about what i was expecting from UG, and this is why he doesnt. hes a black kid wearing basketball shorts, a basketball snap back cap. and a letterman basketball jacket. dont kid yourselves. this guy does not listen to anything classical. yes he might have gotten in for the other buisness stuff but seriously. lets not buyllshit each other. he doesnt listen to jazz

Found TS:

I got rejected from music school twice, although both times they invited me back. I got in on the third try. Any reason why you can't try again?

Also, I dress like a pretty normal guy. I wear cargo shorts and t-shirts. I listen to punk and death metal. Other than big band, jazz bores the hell out of me. Classical fails to excite me no matter the style. But no one would get rejected on the basis of musical taste and style of dress alone.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Jesus christ you are so ignorant.
How the hell would you know he doesn't? Let's say he's into production/sampling. Good producers have such knowledge for classical music, old RnB, mowtown, blues, funk, and yes, jazz.

You may be upset, but get off your high horse, stop bitching, and try again like the rest of the world. He got in because he wasn't whining like a child.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Take one look at my profile pic. Do i look like i listen to black metal?

No, but it's one of my favorite genres. Don't judge someone by their looks, color, or clothes you twat.
Sail upon the open skies
you have no idea what he listens to or how skilled he is musically, focus on yourself
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
You were disappointed and to deal with it you scrambled for some way of pretending the school was unreliable

The one you found was shit
I once dressed up as a rabbit it doesn't mean I like carrots. (I do though there quite nice).

My brother dress like all that hip hop non sense btw but I've converted him to fairly broad musical horizons
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Well now I'm glad you didn't get in.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I dress like a grunger, I like all sorts of stuff (not massively in to grunge though). People's clothing doesn't always dictate their tastes
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, either way, he is probably more talented than you, so shut the fuck up
TS is jealous because a gangster showed him up on guitar.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Making an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me.'
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

You are a class A idiot. I look like I listen to emo shit, but I listen to ****ing everything. I thought people on this website would understand that looks mean ****ing nothing. I know someone that has long black greasy hair, wears Burzum t-shirts or something and I wasn't surprised to find out he was an amazing fingerstyle guitarist with flamencan influence.
If you're going to be ignorant, at least use the right stereotypes, man. How is a black dude LESS likely to listen to and play jazz?
Quote by crackerpleaz
If you're going to be ignorant, at least use the right stereotypes, man. How is a black dude LESS likely to listen to and play jazz?

Ask Axelfox.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last summer my band recorded a demo in a studio downtown in a shitty neighborhood. 3 of the 4 sound engineers who worked there were very typical inner city black guys. They are also recording and releasing some of the best underground hip hop in the midwest. Anyways, one day i had gotten packed up early and got to talking with a few of them and we started going through their record collection they had in the studio. I ended up having a wonderful conversation covering local underground hip hop, Miles Davis, King Crimson, The Stooges, Deftones, Bad Brains, King Khan, and the whole formation of shitgaze. I was incredibly surprised at first, but ended up feeling like an idiot. I just couldn't keep up with them. These guys had heard everything. They were around when our whole local scene was developing, back when New Bomb Turks and Times New Viking and Psychedelic Horseshit and all of these bands that came to define what our scene is now were just starting. I got absolutely schooled in everything we talked about, not that it was a competition, but it just proves, you just cannot judge a book by its cover. I guarantee, if this guy is at Berklee, he knows his shit.
the reason i did not get in is beacause im white. (now your going to tell me thats its actually because i suck at guitar) but black and hispanic people can use that argument. why cant i?
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
the reason i did not get in is beacause im white. (now your going to tell me thats its actually because i suck at guitar) but black and hispanic people can use that argument. why cant i?

Because that's not why you didn't get in.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

was he black? if so, that very well could be why.

its so much easier to get into a college if your hispanic, latino, or black.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

No, the reason you didn't get in is because you have a bad attitude.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

Maybe it's your inability to correctly use capital letters and apostrophes?
SMILE!
Page 1 of 3