I'm trying to learn how to sing. I spend alot of time in the car driving (its my job) and I'd like some kind of audio to practice singing to (like scales to help me with pitch). Are there any recommendations or tips to help me learn how to sing?

btw that i caught my gf cheating thread is epic.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
The Aussie Vocal Coach has some warmup/vocal exercise videos on youtube that are pretty good. They're downloadable as mp3s from his site as well.

But instead of that, get lessons. Otherwise you can find yourself making ridiculous sounds with your mouth for years because you've misunderstood a technique.
Last edited by whalepudding at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by whalepudding
The Aussie Vocal Coach has some warmup videos on youtube that are pretty good.

But instead of that, get lessons. Otherwise you can find yourself making ridiculous sounds with your mouth for years because you've misunderstood a technique.

Doesnt need telling me twice. There are all kinds of lessons Id pertake in if I had the time or money. But I have neither and car time is the best time to learn how to sing.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
It's all about practice. Try recording yourself, as unbearable as that is, and hearing how off/spot on you are.
Practice octaves as warm ups, see what your limits are to start off, and practice those. See how strong you can sing those notes, how long you can hold notes, etc. Don't over do it, of course, because too much of this is bad, but practice when you sing along to songs in your car.
Once you feel good about this selection of notes, see what it's like to sing higher/lower with other songs that call for that.

Also try to sing with your gut/diaphragm. Much more breath is used, so you won't feel strained and the notes come out more full and stronger.
Scales will help you learn the relationships between notes, which is really important, but you're gonna want to start finding music you like singing to practice on. Singing up and down scales while playing the scales on a guitar or piano is probably the best way to go.
record yourself as well, with your phone or something.
then you can listen back to how you actually sound to others.
now extra flamey