Hi,I'm a guitar player but I,m doing my own bass on my last recording.I'm an average bass player,but good enough for what I want.I've got a neck thru warwick,active/passive pickups.4 string,thin neck.It works for me.I've got a SWR pre-Fender super redhead,good gig amp I guess,but it sounds like crap on record/line out 1 1/2 watts and mic'd at low volume.I,m thinking about a Warwick Pro tube IV.Or my kid,s Eden.Don't know the model offhand,but he gigs alot and I don't wanna tie it up. any suggestions?Like I said,strictly recording in a basically old but pro setup.Thanks in advance,panhead201
[59 Goldtop,lefty
[72 ES-355-TDSV
[68 Black LP Custom,lefty
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[06 Schecter C-! Classic,,lefty
[28 National resonator
[Mesa triple rec Marshall "A"cab
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[Mesa Nomad 45,4-10,s,combo
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC
Quote by askrere
Get a DI unit like the Sansamp VT pedal or MXR M-80 etc.

Something like this though both those boxes add colour to the tone. EBS do two transparent DI boxes; solid state and valve.
Quote by Spaz91
Something like this though both those boxes add colour to the tone. EBS do two transparent DI boxes; solid state and valve.

Oh, I figured his mention of a tube amp, he wanted that. But yea all are good options for use as a pedal, as a live DI or recording DI.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Are you using a recording interface? If so, which one?

Hi,using an OLD Fostex with a midi interface to old Harmon Kardon 1 1/2 supertape running through a Sony 770 recording studio windowsXP setup.will look ur manuals in morning,Klipsch 5.1 monitor system.I've been using some shure diversity variable freq wireless stuff and am having some real time delay problems.Nobody in booth while I'm in sound Iso room if that makes any sense the way I'm exp. itpanhead201
[59 Goldtop,lefty
[72 ES-355-TDSV
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[28 National resonator
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC
All make sense,I'm not stuck on tube,it's old habits die hard,but perfectly willing to try anything makes it sound RIGHT!Was thinking solid state with a 12ax7 pre would work.See what I mean?don't even know if you use 12ax,s in a bass amp.Thats why I asked for good advice.If you happen to look at my pics and see a big cent in a yellow wall,that was from an ampeg B-15,last decent bass amp I had.panhead201
[59 Goldtop,lefty
[72 ES-355-TDSV
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[28 National resonator
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC
If it's purely for recording I, personally, would simply get a good DI box.

If it's for more than that or you simply want an amp and can afford it then you have lots of options.
What would a rough upper-end be on your budget?
Is there a clip on youtube or something that would give a good idea of the tone you want?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
N I'm from NYC,budget,s not really an issue and it's strictly for recordibg.What did you have in mind?I'll tryb anything as long as I get what I want out of it.I'm a good bass player,not outstanding.I want a good foundationand personally I use bass as a starting point for my guitar work,not drums.I gotta be careful to keep too much mellody line outta my bass playing,Thanks,panhead
[59 Goldtop,lefty
[72 ES-355-TDSV
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[28 National resonator
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC