Page 1 of 3
Last night I was playing at The Refectory in Portland, OR with a local blues band (http://kevinselfe.com/) and after the very first song ended, Kevin asks me to take my guitar off. I look at him with the most bewildered look, having no clue what's going on. Then he says to me again, "Go ahead, unplug it and set it down. I have something over here for you to play." I figured he was going to let me play his Gibson P90 ES-137 so I start walking over and then he says "No, over here. Go ahead and open that case there." I'm thinking to myself What The $%^&. Oh well, I'll open it. I was completely dumbfounded and couldn't even say a word. It already had a strap on it, so I pick it up and slip it over my shoulder. I walk back over to my amp and plug it in. I still haven't said a thing. The crowd is pretty much silent wondering what the hell is going on. Kevin let everybody know I couldn't speak so he asked if I could play. I gave it a strum and said "Sure thing, it's in tune." Unbeknownst to me he had played it for a bit before I got there and made sure it was all tuned up and ready to go. Then we were off to the races. For the next 3 songs I was in heaven. Something clicked and I was right in the pocket and off we went. The dance floor got full so I figure we were doing something right. Kevin kept smiling at me throughout the rest of the set and had me take most of the leads until we wrapped up the set.

Thanks AGAIN Mom and Dad!!!! I'm still in shock.

Introducing the "The Guitar Shop Bahama Mama #1"

Specs:

Review:
The first thing I noticed was how light it was. Weighs in at just under 7.5 lbs. The projection of it either plugged in or acoustic is amazing. Possibly the loudest guitar I've heard acoustically. The 53/10 pickups seem to be a perfect match for this wood combo. I've yet to explore it in it's entirety since I just got it last night, so there will be more to come. The thing that hit me was how easy it was to fret and bend. It has thicker fretwire than what I'm used to, but WOW did it make a difference. Takes little effort to play, almost like it plays itself. It has a nice thick neck, which I am very used to - I hate thin necks. The guitar has a chime to it that I've never heard before. I first noticed it when I played it unplugged, almost like a piano sound. Very hard to explain. All I know is that the crowd loved the way it sounded and many people came up to me later to comment on it. That has never happened before, at least not like this. I will add more as I have more time with it. Still need to check out the split coil sounds and the trem.

Pics:

Video: If you don't like the blues you should skip this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oIu9ORlHeI
Last edited by thehikingdude at Apr 3, 2012,
Holyshit that is beautiful!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Holyshit that is beautiful!

Exactly what I said. That guitar is gorgeous, I bet it plays amazing aswell.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
HNGD! Woah I'm jealous.
Guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster

Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amplifier:

Marshall AVT 100

Effects:

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

EHX Big Muff Pi
Waaaaaaaa....
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 2, 2012,
HOOOOOOOO!

That is a sweet PRS!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
not too shabby.

jeff! that's insane right there, congrats!

coughwhere'sthesignaturelimited?cough
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by gregs1020
not too shabby.

jeff! that's insane right there, congrats!

coughwhere'sthesignaturelimited?cough

Thanks everybody!!

The Sig Ltd will arrive on Thursday!!!
Words cannot describe - that's an epic guitar. HNGD.

Fine solo on the video too!
Quote by thehikingdude
The Sig Ltd will arrive on Thursday!!!

dayum. that's one hell of a week brother!
Sweet mother of mercy, the flame on that neck.

I've been playing a lot of vintage guitars recently and I thought I was lucky and there was nothing left for me to experience. Now I know I shall never rest until I am the owner of a flame-necked PRS.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
That's it, I'm done.

Sweet mother of god that thing is gorgeous!
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
What in the blue hell is this? Why you so lucky!

I will now proceed to drool all over my screen until it shorts out from copious amounts of saliva on it.
Where's Waldo?
psht your parents still buy you stuff.

spoiled.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Maaaaan, that is a nice guitar.

Back of the neck is gorgeous especially.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Quote by AcousticMirror
psht your parents still buy you stuff.

spoiled.

It's not too late to repair the damage. An apology goes a long way.
woah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dude. I love the detail of the wood. The fretboard is gorgeous and the flame is sweet. Not keen on the colour or the layout of the controls though. A bronze would be beautiful. HNGD
If i owned a guitar like that i would keep it in a glass case and play it once a month.

It's too beautiful. Congrats
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Holy sh*tf**ck thats awesome!

HNGD buddy!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
I. Fvcking. Hate you.

THAT GUITAR IS GORGEOUS!
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I need new pants.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Quote by thehikingdude
It's not too late to repair the damage. An apology goes a long way.

this.

dude.......not cool

best ngd in a while though
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Page 1 of 3