*inserts joke about hovering*

I'm on a Supported Progression scheme with Durham University. This means that if I do well enough, I have a guaranteed place in Durham University with a department of my choice (I have to complete a project to University standards to get in).

However, I'd love to do a course in music production, because I want to be a producer. Durham University does not offer music production/audio engineering/whatever else it may be called as a course.

I really want to do the Supported Progression thing, because I get financial help through University. But I want to do music production, as I said.

So, can any of you fantastic gentlemen (and ladies?) help me choose?

Durham with financial help but no music tech, or another Uni in the UK with music tech but no financial help?

Also, can you recommend me another uni that does music tech?

TL;DR: Which good Universities in the UK have music tech courses?
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Go to Durham, get a degree in something that you enjoy, and when you come out with less debt, and a solid shot at a real job, along with the experiences and education of University life, decide whether or not you want to pursue music production.

You'll only get one shot at cheap higher education. You can apply to, go to, and pay for music production school at any time.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
Go to Durham, get a degree in something that you enjoy, and when you come out with less debt, and a solid shot at a real job, along with the experiences and education of University life, decide whether or not you want to pursue music production.

You'll only get one shot at cheap higher education. You can apply to, go to, and pay for music production school at any time.

Sounds like a plan.

*e-blowjob*
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by kaptkegan

Exactly what I was about to say !
Have you run your fingers down the wall...

And have you felt your neck skin crawl...
When you're searching for the light ?
do what you love, don't worry about jobs or money. if you are good at it someone will pay you.

when i left school i was focused on getting a job. worked some meaningless shit for a year then started a fine art course. six years later and its still ****ing ace. i just got a free trip to hang out in LA over summer.
now extra flamey
Quote by SG_dave
If you go to university, go to do something you enjoy otherwise you'll hate yuor time there and you'll be less inclined to get a job in that field, effectively wasting 3-6 years of your life.

qft. i'm in this boat right now. rushed into uni right after high school since i figured it can't be much diffferent. boy how wrong i was... make sure you do what you want, or at least take electives with things you like to do
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler