I'm thinking about replacing my main 6 (an Epiphone Les Paul) with one of these http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-1148100-506--pmid-44872
Anyone played one? I just joined a thrash band, so thrash is probably gonna be the main genre I'll be playing.

If they're no good, any recs for a similar guitar (22+frets, $500 or less range, HH, Floyd Rose)? I'd prefer new, I've been bitten too much buying used. I'm in the US, btw.

Current amp is a 6505+ 112.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I played one of the older ones that had covered pickups and no floyd, I was pretty pleased with the way it played; nice vintage tone and feel. If that's what you want then I'd definitely say go for it but if you want a hyper-modern tone I don't think they're going to give you what you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I played one of the older ones that had covered pickups and no floyd, I was pretty pleased with the way it played; nice vintage tone and feel. If that's what you want then I'd definitely say go for it but if you want a hyper-modern tone I don't think they're going to give you what you want.

Oh, I'm not going for a super-modern tone. This is very 80s vein thrash. Besides, I can replace pickups later if need be.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Oh, I'm not going for a super-modern tone. This is very 80s vein thrash. Besides, I can replace pickups later if need be.

Then go for it, I really liked the one I played! Obviously this depends on what you like in a guitar, try one first, caveat emptor and all that!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
They're completely solid guitars, go for it. Very Versatile, tough, and definitely road worthy.

HH strats being "Jack of All Trades" and "Super Versatile" means if you want to completely lean towards metal or a certain genre, the guitar will show it's weaknesses as it won't be the best at super down tuned stuff or pristine clean but will manage everything in the middle

Solid Buy, MAKE SURE TO TEST OUT THE GUITAR!!
Just buying online without any physical testing is called "blind buying" and has many negatives as it may be flawed from the factory or you might end up not liking it
???
They are decent for the price, but I'm not a fan of Fender's humbuckers, especially for high gain.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
They are decent for the price, but I'm not a fan of Fender's humbuckers, especially for high gain.

As I said before - not a huge issue, I have some much hotter pickups around (Duncan Blackouts).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden