A friend of mine told me about these chinese pedal copies made by a brand called Joyo. I've looked up videos and they sound pretty damn good for the price. Anyone ever have experience with these? Mainly I'm looking at the vintage OD and ultimate octave fuzz. Even if they're not MXRs or Fulltones, for the price they look like a deal.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
I have the Ultimate OD, ****in great pedal for the money!!
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Yet to hear anybody rubbish them. I have their flanger and it is quite good and not just "for the money", it's a good flanger.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yet to hear anybody rubbish them. I have their flanger and it is quite good and not just "for the money", it's a good flanger.

your right, i guess i should rephrase it and say that it is a very good od pedal. it is actually better than some of the $100+ od pedals i have.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
My vintage overdrive came in the mail two days ago. It's prefect. I tried really hard to think of english words that truely represent how I feel about this pedal. None are good enough.

The VO (an ibanez ts808 copy) is exactly what I was looking for in an overdrive. Takes my recto and gives it that extra bite and umph that I was searching for.

I used to hear people use words like "warm" and "creamy" when describing the VO, and I didn't fully understand what they meant untill two days ago. It's definitely a great little pedal.

From blues to metal to whatever you need, I recommend joyo completely. Forty bucks, maybe even a hundred won't get you anything more worth it.

You won't be sorry.
Last edited by robertsanidiot at Apr 3, 2012,
I got some and for the money they're amazing, one of them is even not allowed to be sold because its too similar to the one it's modeled after,nlawsuit pending or something.
You can get them from Thomann quite cheap. Renamed as Harley Benton, but have the same model names. IIRC £25 for the vintage OD.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
some of the joyos are so good that boutique manufacturers have literally repainted them, done a few mods on the board, and resold them for 3 times the price.

who besides freekish blues has done that? and are the schem's up on what they did do?
very good for the money. only one i was slightly disappointed in was the chorus, and it was still "good for the money". Just the others (that I've tried- i haven't tried the fuzz) were, as cath says, "good pedals" without the "for the money" qualifier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
toxic pedals. although they were more blatant about it. and haven't really given an official response.

There's a thread on a Swedish forum, with a reply from Toxic Pedals. They pretty much told the guy who emailed them to fuck himself.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?