Page 1 of 2
So yesterday I pulled an April Fool's prank on a friend of mine in which I told her that I had coughed up some blood and wasn't feel all too well (Background info: I've been sick for 4-5 weeks, I think it's only walking pneumonia which isn't that big of a deal but my friend gets all nervous about sicknesses and such).

So I text her the prank yesterday and we we're texting for about 20 minutes. Well it turns out that she got so worried that she went down to the hospital that is near by where she lives and was waiting in the waiting room for me to get there. Sensing that the prank was a success of sorts i told her that it was an April Fool's joke. she became Biblically pissed and hasn't talked to me since.

In any event I wanted to know if any other Pitters had April Fool's pranks that either went wrong or went too far.
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
I told my grandma my mom got into an accident and she had a heart attack.

April Fools! My grandma isn't that fragile.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by MakinLattes
I told my grandma my mom got into an accident and she had a heart attack.

The face in your sig is how I imagined you posting that.

I told my little cousin who is a Spiderman fanboy that the actor of spider man died and there wouldn't be anymore spiderman movies. He got mad and broke my lamp.
Well that was pretty thoughtless, i hope she forgives you, you don't deserve it tho. Don't mess with people who care about you man.
I made my girlfriend believe that I coughed blood too, I just used a fake blood pill.
She forgot what day we were for a few minutes

Turns out she has a weird sense of humor too and wasn't mad at all.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by HelpTravesty
Well that was pretty thoughtless, i hope she forgives you, you don't deserve it tho. Don't mess with people who care about you man.

So we can't joke with people we care about? She's one of my best bro's, thats what you're suppose to do with your mates. If the roles were reversed sure I would have had an initial reaction of anger but then I woulda laughed and said 'oh man you got me good on that one'

Quote by Good_Lord
I made my girlfriend believe that I coughed blood too, I just used a fake blood pill.
She forgot what day we were for a few minutes

Turns out she has a weird sense of humor too and wasn't mad at all.

Last edited by R8:31b at Apr 2, 2012,
I stuck a bunch of fake piercings in my face and my mum told me to "get the f**k out of my house, ur never getting anything from me ever again"
Or something along the lines of that :P
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
Quote by R8:31b
So we can't joke with people we care about? She's one of my best bro's, thats what you're suppose to do with your mates. If the roles were reversed sure I would have had an initial reaction of anger but then I woulda laughed and said 'oh man you got me good on that one'

well no, just use a degree of caution. maybe she overreacted, but in my opinion i wouldnt do that to someone i called a friend and i wouldnt call someone a friend who did that to me. I **** with my friends all the time , i just dont make them worry about me.
Last edited by HelpTravesty at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by HelpTravesty
well no, just use a degree of caution. maybe she overreacted, but in my opinion i wouldnt do that to someone i called a friend and i wouldnt call someone a friend who did that to me.

So you're saying that you've never pulled a prank of this nature on any of your friends before? I mean like i said she's one of my best friends so i figured that it would go over better.

So you're saying that you've never pulled a prank of this nature on any of your friends before? I mean like i said she's one of my best friends so i figured that it would go over better.

Nah I really haven't done anything like that to anybody. Never really crossed my mind.
I did the "take a screen shot of the desktop, set it as the background, and delete all the icons" prank to my dad. Hasn't used the computer yet, so
Me and my sister also swapped all of my dad's drawers. So he took about an hour getting ready in the morning because he couldnt find anything
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
when I was a kid, I gave my grandma warheads and said they were cough drops.

Just got into really deep shit but nothing severe happened

EDIT: Oh and I put one of those fake cubes with the fly in it in my fridge's ice cube machine. I broke the entire fridge
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

EDIT: Oh and I put one of those fake cubes with the fly in it in my fridge's ice cube machine. I broke the entire fridge

How??

The plastic cube broke whatever mechanism crushes the ice and it ****ed up the circuiting ahahaha.
We had to have it fixed and the electrician or whatever showed me the cube and said "you put this in there didn't you"
I felt like such a douche. I must have been 11 or something so I don't remember too much about it.
I didn't do anything except go fishing with my bro on april fools' day, but i do have a decent story that one of my friends told

(Friend1), (Friend2) and I were out ridin around and I got pulled over, (Friend2) was arrested for assualt, even though (s)he DIDN'T even touch him! I got out of the car and fell and hit my head on the door and he let Lee take me to the hospital while he took (Friend2) to the ****ing station its complete ****ing bullshit, I spent all my taxes on her ****ing bail

That story turned out to be the joke itself.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
The plastic cube broke whatever mechanism crushes the ice and it ****ed up the circuiting ahahaha.
We had to have it fixed and the electrician or whatever showed me the cube and said "you put this in there didn't you"
I felt like such a douche. I must have been 11 or something so I don't remember too much about it.

AAAAAAPriiiiilll FFFoooooooollls

I never understood why people joke about sickness/death/accidents. They're not funny, and just really tasteless.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
If we had limits and restrictions on the things we joke about, we would have a bunch of really unfunny jokes.

If we had limits and restrictions on the things we joke about, we would have a bunch of really unfunny jokes.

Yeah, just like your joke.
...Yeah, that was a pretty tactless prank to pull - there are exceptions, often involving severe diseases and illnesses, but generally if someone's coughing up blood, they probably have some nasty internal issue, and need immediate medical treatment or could well die. She was genuinely concerned about you, and just going "Well april fools, I'm fine so it's okay" is a pretty poor way of handling it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
...Yeah, that was a pretty tactless prank to pull - there are exceptions, often involving severe diseases and illnesses, but generally if someone's coughing up blood, they probably have some nasty internal issue, and need immediate medical treatment or could well die. She was genuinely concerned about you, and just going "Well april fools, I'm fine so it's okay" is a pretty poor way of handling it.

this.

the only way to make it acceptable is by doing it completely over the top i think. aka make black metal noises and spit fake blood all over her face while crashing to the floor.

when you go 'april fools' then she will be like 'dammit i should have known, lets have sex'
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
its funny, but its mean.

ive always had friends where we are constantly fucking with each other, but when someone waits for you at the hospital, youve crossed the line.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
How the hell is telling someone you might be really sick even a joke?
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by shredibanez24
I never understood why people joke about sickness/death/accidents. They're not funny, and just really tasteless.

Agreed.
Doing an April Fools joke by telling someone something that may indicate you could be dying is a piss poor attempt at humor IMO.

Doing it in person and then telling them its a joke quickly afterwards (like within 1 minute or less) may be ok, but doing it over the phone and with her going to the hospital is a total douche-bag thing to do.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 2, 2012,
If I was ever to become some big official person I would make a statement on the night before April 1st that there's an asteroid flying towards the earth and that we only have a couple of months left. Then at about 5-6pm on the 1st I would release a statement saying "April fools!!!".
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Colgate Total
Raped a chick and said "April Fools!" afterwards; it was hilarious.

I'm not a chick. April Fools!!!
Quote by PrimitiveGuitar
I stuck a bunch of fake piercings in my face and my mum told me to "get the f**k out of my house, ur never getting anything from me ever again"
Or something along the lines of that :P

i took all mine out and my mom told me the same thing
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I replaced my straight-edge grandma's insulin with heroin and hilarity ensued.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
If I was ever to become some big official person I would make a statement on the night before April 1st that there's an asteroid flying towards the earth and that we only have a couple of months left. Then at about 5-6pm on the 1st I would release a statement saying "April fools!!!".

So, in other-words you'd copy Family Guy...
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I once put one of those gag exploding things in my grandmothers cigarette.

It took like ten minutes for it to go off because I stuck it way down near the filter and it was one of those tall cigs.

After it blew up in her face, which I had no idea how bad it would be, she broke a wooden spoon over my head once she caught me.

Learned my lesson.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

i remember as a kid i got a few ketchup packs and was outside with my grandma and ran straight into the open garage door faking hitting my head really hard and smashed the ketchup all over my forehead and she nearly had a heart attack lolololol
Page 1 of 2