so when using the looper feature, when I record one part and then overdub it, is there a way to make the loop and the signal sound actually like two guitars? right now whenever I play over a loop it always muffles out or makes the loop sound crappy. Im sure im just missing something since i just got the pedal today, so thanks for the info. PS I assume the pedal is not draining batteries when no lights are on?
Quote by xtreme1
so when using the looper feature, when I record one part and then overdub it, is there a way to make the loop and the signal sound actually like two guitars? right now whenever I play over a loop it always muffles out or makes the loop sound crappy. Im sure im just missing something since i just got the pedal today, so thanks for the info. PS I assume the pedal is not draining batteries when no lights are on?

I can only help you with one thing. To not drain batteries, you actually have to take out the input chord from the pedal, and then it own't use any battery power until you plug back in to use it.
Quote by xtreme1
so when using the looper feature, when I record one part and then overdub it, is there a way to make the loop and the signal sound actually like two guitars? right now whenever I play over a loop it always muffles out or makes the loop sound crappy.

you noticed huh? you could do some complicated stuff that would require you to get more equipments (i'd A/B/Y two amps, use one amp for looping and another for '2nd guitar').

if you want something to handle looping better, it'd be best to get a pedal designed to make the most of looping (as opposed to a delay pedal that has a looping feature). else you are going to run into these problems.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
i figured that might be the issue... any suggestions for a looping pedal? & why the heck would they make a pedal that drains batteries whenever its plugged in? I guess thats to encourage you to buy the separate power cord? will leaving the pedal board plugged shorten the lifespan of this pedal? I've heard its pretty fragile...
Quote by xtreme1
i figured that might be the issue... any suggestions for a looping pedal? & why the heck would they make a pedal that drains batteries whenever its plugged in? I guess thats to encourage you to buy the separate power cord? will leaving the pedal board plugged shorten the lifespan of this pedal? I've heard its pretty fragile...

that's with every pedal. Switching it 'on' doesn't turn the power on, it just switches between bypass and the effect. If you would turn the power on by hitting the switch it would take like a second for the effect to kick in.
wow, really showing off my noobliness now... how do you turn off your pedals then? or is there any point in doing so? im using a ps-45 board by skb...
so you guys unplug your pedal board everytime you use it? just not used to doing that with any other electronics...
so leaving them plugged in & lit up wont wear down there life much? im just overthinking it i suppose
Quote by xtreme1
right now whenever I play over a loop it always muffles out or makes the loop sound crappy.
Are the two signals distorting together?

I mean, I've heard delay pedals used for looping and they didn't sound bad at all.
But I don't know anything about the DL4
Quote by xtreme1
so leaving them plugged in & lit up wont wear down there life much? im just overthinking it i suppose

Yes it will, if you arent using batteries though (meaning you have cables plugged into the DC/AC jacks) they dont use the batteries when they have a power cable in.

If you are using DL-4's on batteries you are going to run them down really fast. sure they support batteries for power, but it chews through them like nothing else.