I'm sure this is a noob question but I don't couldn't find it anywhere else.
I want to learn the song Hope by Rush. My understanding is that it is played on a 12 string acoustic. I don't have a 12 string, I have a 6 string and I'm pretty sure 12 strings are tuned differently.
My question is, is there any way to transcribe it to play it on a 6 string or should this not even be an issue?
Nah they're tuned the same, you'll be fine
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
Quote by zilant
I'm sure this is a noob question but I don't couldn't find it anywhere else.
I want to learn the song Hope by Rush. My understanding is that it is played on a 12 string acoustic. I don't have a 12 string, I have a 6 string and I'm pretty sure 12 strings are tuned differently.
My question is, is there any way to transcribe it to play it on a 6 string or should this not even be an issue?

No, ostensibly a 12 string in standard tuning is..(E to e). Even the extra 6 strings have the same note names, e-1 & B-2 are tuned in unison with the prime strings, and G-3, D-4, A-5, & E-6 have octave strings tuned an octave higher.

In an amplified situation it's easy to pull off a, "poor man's 12 string", imitation.

You can use a chorus pedal, and even include digital delay, in a short delay, "slap back echo" effect. It helps trick the ear into believing you're hearing the pick hit a pair of strings instead of just one at a time. Chorus and flangers, add some harmonic content also, adding to the illusion.
There's a V-Pick that is suppose to make a 6 string sound like a 12 string. I could a put a link up if anybody wants me to.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Alright I just tuned it and it sounds okay. Not as full but its fine. Thanks guys.
Quote by Dr Sixstring
There's a V-Pick that is suppose to make a 6 string sound like a 12 string. I could a put a link up if anybody wants me to.
You mean this: http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=175&page=picks Cute, but I still have my addiction to digital electronics to deal with. Well, that and a couple of actual 12's.
^Yeppers.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer