Will putting vinyl stickers on a guitar damage the instrument in terms of compromising the sound? I'd imagine it would mess up the paint job, but that's really not a big concern of mine....

Thanks,

Legs
It'll have an effect on it, if it's an acoustic...
If it's an electric you should be fine, unless you put too many underneath of your strings then it may deaden your sound considerably.
I used to be such a big Green Day fan, Now I realize there meh. They still have a few good songs though.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
^How did you do that with the backplate on there? For some reason sticker guitars are so awesome to me.

Digitech Bad Monkey

as long as its what you want.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Dr Sixstring
^How did you do that with the backplate on there? For some reason sticker guitars are so awesome to me.

He probably cut the sticker with an exacto knife and then lined it up over the cavity plate.

Sticker guitars are cool. The hard part though is getting the stickers off 5 years later when you realize what you've done. And I speak for experience
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I just stuck it on an cut it out with a razor. The part of her leg was a pretty thin cut so I left it off. Idc if I ruin that guitar w/ stickers really, its my first guitar and sounds like shit.
I'd put stickers on a bad guitar but not my first guitar.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Do whatever you want to it! One things that really irks me is musicians who treat their guitars like a piece of fine jewelry, polishing it everytime they touch it, worrying if they got a tiny ding on it, etc.....Play it! Let it show your signs of use! It's not your grandmother's couch, it's a guitar. Give it some character.
Quote by head-case
Do whatever you want to it! One things that really irks me is musicians who treat their guitars like a piece of fine jewelry, polishing it everytime they touch it, worrying if they got a tiny ding on it, etc.....Play it! Let it show your signs of use! It's not your grandmother's couch, it's a guitar. Give it some character.

I agree, my favorite guitar is covered in stickers, has a taped up pickup selector, chipped paint on the neck and headstock and cracked binding in one spot. It also had a broken neck at one point but now it's fine. (that's where the chipped paint on the neck came from.)
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

Should have put it on the front faggit.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Vinyls aren't my cup of tea, but I don't think they'll mess up the sound too much unless you cover the entire guitar with them.

So if you're sure you like the look, go for it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Dr Sixstring
I used to be such a big Green Day fan, Now I realize there meh. They still have a few good songs though.

I completely agree. It's not the deepest music ever made, but they have some SUPER catchy tunes.
I would advise against it. I covered my strat in stickers & when I've grown tired of a few & removed them it has left an unfaded area. I would advise against unless it's trashed
It's heresy of the highest order, especially on a nice guitar.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I would say if it's a cheaper guitar or if you aren't getting rid of it then do it.

If it's expensive, or you plan on selling it then don't. Personally though, your tastes will change as you grow older most likely and you probably won't want those stickers on your guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Legsilver
I completely agree. It's not the deepest music ever made, but they have some SUPER catchy tunes.

+1
Like BrainStew or Time of Your Life. And why is it if 1 pony post on a thread, all of the ponys have to?

Oh yeah, When I Come Around was good.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 3, 2012,