Just stumbled accross this page, figured you guys would either get a good laugh or good conversation going on it.

Enjoy/feel the rage.

http://conservative-jedi.blogspot.ca/
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
My eyes are killing me, and not because the overwhelming stupidity

Because that page was dark and FB and this page are so brightr
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
He has a point about the Trayvon Martin case. Although none of his stats were cited, which renders them useless since I'm to lazy to check them.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
You guys use phrases like "lack of intelligence" and "overwhelming stupidity" when you really mean "I don't agree with this viewpoint so I'm going to berate this man's personal attributes."
Last edited by c3powil at Apr 2, 2012,
He's entitled to his opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to like it
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
His reasoning for profiling Trayvon Martin would be *somewhat* justified if institutional racism was not so pervasive in the American law enforcement system. Black people aren't in jails at those rates solely because they are prone to crimes, but because law enforcement is generally disposed against them.

Exactly. There are so many societal factors and systems working against the poor and minorities.
Quote by AJSaw
^ Exactly. But some of these viewpoints are rather silly, you must agree.

Perhaps, I haven't gone as far as to read all of what the man has posted, but still. You can call someone stupid for their beliefs, but at the end of the day none of it is proven and to call names is a childish game all on it's own.

Quote by D&DLover
Exactly. There are so many societal factors and systems working against the poor and minorities.

Yes, but we Americans love to overcompensate. It doesn't matter how many factors there are working for and against them, you cant make such a bold decision without hard evidence, and in this case there is little to none.
Last edited by c3powil at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
Black people aren't in jails at those rates solely because they are prone to crimes, but because law enforcement is generally disposed against them.

Source please.
Quote by blake1221
Source please.
Institutional racism.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by c3powil
Perhaps, I haven't gone as far as to read all of what the man has posted, but still. You can call someone stupid for their beliefs, but at the end of the day none of it is proven and to call names is a childish game all on it's own.

Yes, but we Americans love to overcompensate. It doesn't matter how many factors there are working for and against them, you cant make such a bold decision without hard evidence, and in this case there is little to none.

I don't have any evidence on me right now, as I'm not inclined to keep sociological studies bookmarked. I kind of figured people were just aware of institutional racism by now. Just because there isn't any directly presented to you right now doesn't mean there isn't any.

There are a number of studies that have been done throughout the past few decades that suggest a bias against minorities in many American institutions. Look for them online if you need proof.

Also, maybe it's not so bad that we overcompensate (if you believe we do), considering that we still largely treat minorities of all kinds like shit.

Quote by element4433
Institutional racism.

This.
Last edited by D&DLover at Apr 2, 2012,
i've followed enough stories on the news throughout the course of my life to know that they spew a bunch of horseshit on an almost constant basis. i'll proudly stand here and say of the trayvon martin case, "i don't know shit about it." because the truth is, none of us know anything about it. the media doesn't give a **** about trayvon martin, they're just spinning this to create consistent programming because they know people eat this up. just look at the rutgers scandal. or the duke lacrosse scandal. or when i was a kid and every where i looked someone was calling jon benet ramsey's parents murderers. or casey anthony. if this society's idea of justice is determining a verdict on twitter or facebook based on what corporate news tells them, then that's fine. but i refuse to be a part of it.
#DTWD
I agreed; to an extent with the first few paragraphs. Where he was talking about the 'exacerbation of and the exploitation of racial conflict'. Than it got a bit ridiculous.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by c3powil

Then what the **** makes someone stupid? This is pussy shit. And it's stupid.
Quote by captaincrunk

ujst say tht cuz u dnt agree, olololol
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
one of the interesting things i will say about this case is that this either marks the point where hispanics have officially become assimilated with whites or the media is just reaching to make this a white-on-black hate crime. zimmerman's hispanic. but everyone's calling him white.

so either this is the media spinning this to push the racial thing. or this is akin to italians or the irish "becoming" white in this country. either way, it's interesting from a cultural standpoint.
#DTWD
Quote by captaincrunk

Stupidity is when someone contradicts a fact. Opinions are immune to that. That's why they're opinions.
Quote by primusfan
one of the interesting things i will say about this case is that this either marks the point where hispanics have officially become assimilated with whites or the media is just reaching to make this a white-on-black hate crime. zimmerman's hispanic. but everyone's calling him white.

so either this is the media spinning this to push the racial thing. or this is akin to italians or the irish "becoming" white in this country. either way, it's interesting from a cultural standpoint.

You're not a real American until you start committing the hate crimes.

But Zimmerman's half and half. And his name's Zimmerman. I don't know how different the narrative would be if his last name ended in -ez.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by primusfan

Hispanic people can be white, black, asian, or mixed. Almost 20 million latinos checked the "some other race" category in the 2010 census -- "hispanic" isn't really a race that's mutually exclusive from white/black/whatever.

+ Zimmerman's father is white. His mother is Peruvian, which, iirc, is a pretty ethnically mixed place; whites are about 15% of the population. So it's more than possible his mom is also at least part white.

+ the Jewish surname.
Last edited by due 07 at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by due 07
Hispanic people can be white, black, asian, or mixed. Almost 20 million latinos checked the "some other race" category in the 2010 census -- "hispanic" isn't really a race that's mutually exclusive from white/black/whatever.

can't asian people be white or black?

and isn't race, in its entirety, somewhat of a fiction?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
can't asian people be white or black?

and isn't race, in its entirety, somewhat of a fiction?

>try to say the media is misportraying Zimmerman's race and that he's one race not the other
>"nvm race is fake lol"
Quote by due 07
>try to say the media is misportraying Zimmerman's race
>"nvm race is fake lol"

i'm not saying that; i'm asking you those questions.

i never said they were misportraying his race, i gave a pretty distinct either/or scenario. and i thought i was pretty clear of my ambiguous feelings on the subject. it's possible to say something that's a legitimate question free of any bias.

race being a social construct has everything to do with what i was saying because i'm talking about a shift in the way hispanics are viewed in our culture. for example, centuries ago italians were considered ethnic minorities. today, they are considered white. so what i'm positing is, has that happened with the hispanic ethnicity just as it did the italian ethnicity?
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by primusfan

i never said they were misportraying his race, i gave a pretty distinct either/or scenario. and i thought i was pretty clear of my ambiguous feelings on the subject. it's possible to say something that's a legitimate question free of any bias.

race being a social construct has everything to do with what i was saying because i'm talking about a shift in the way hispanics are viewed in our culture. for example, centuries ago italians were considered ethnic minorities. today, they are considered white. so what i'm positing is, has that happened with the hispanic ethnicity just as it did the italian ethnicity?

Until the inequalities disappear and fear of Mexican immigrants is gone, then I'd say no.
Quote by primusfan

I understand that, and I already explained that the "hispanic ethnicity" isn't really what you think it is. And to answer your question more directly: of course not.
Media is the thing that is not allowing racial discrimination to decline any further.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Media is the thing that is not allowing racial discrimination to decline any further.

Cuz it's a disproportionately white-dominated ballgame?
Quote by due 07
Cuz it's a sensationalist-dominated ballgame?

Yes.
Why don't people go this crazy over a black guy murdering a white teen?

In fact, thousands of people get murdered every year, why don't we get this kind of reaction for every single one of them?

Because a white guy killed a black teenager? Oh wait, Zimmerman is actually hispanic....

The people instigating all of this are racist.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I don't have a problem with the profiling but I think Zimmerman's killing was unjustified. That is, I think in the discussion of whether he reasonably thought Trayvon was a criminal and whether his response was reasonable, the fact that black youths commit more crimes than old, white, handicapped women, should be considered. However, it is still completely unreasonable to kill someone based on those grounds solely.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by AgainstYou
I don't have a problem with the profiling but I think Zimmerman's killing was unjustified. That is, I think in the discussion of whether he reasonably thought Trayvon was a criminal and whether his response was reasonable, the fact that black youths commit more crimes than old, white, handicapped women, should be considered. However, it is still completely unreasonable to kill someone based on those grounds solely.

especially when you're following someone and police have told you to stop. that's the part that gets me. but again, i'll let the judicial system take care of it. not a bunch of upper-middle class white kids on the internet.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
especially when you're following someone and police have told you to stop. that's the part that gets me. but again, i'll let the judicial system take care of it. not a bunch of upper-middle class white kids on the internet.

Racist.

Quote by Jostry
Why don't people go this crazy over a black guy murdering a white teen?

In fact, thousands of people get murdered every year, why don't we get this kind of reaction for every single one of them?

Because a white guy killed a black teenager? Oh wait, Zimmerman is actually hispanic....

The people instigating all of this are racist.

I actually have zero knowledge of the case being discussed. I'm just defending the idea that institutional racism exists and is a problem.

Quote by primusfan
especially when you're following someone and police have told you to stop. that's the part that gets me. but again, i'll let the judicial system take care of it. not a bunch of middle class to lower-middle class white man-children on the internet.

Thank you very much
He was doing ok until this part:

In some cities, 40 percent of all black males are in jail or prison, on probation or parole, or have criminal records. This is not a product of white racism but of prosecutions and convictions of criminal acts.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by bradulator
Yes.

Idk mang, I've heard that sort of stuff a lot but I've never really seen anything substantive that ties sensationalist media w/ widespread racial stratification and institutional racism. I don't think I've ever even seen a reasonably credible analysis/study supporting ur hypothesis. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

In fact, personally, I'd even say that the media doesn't put enough light on racism; they only rly focus on individual, big-hitting events, never on the way in which society is built and organized upon racism.
Last edited by due 07 at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by due 07
Idk mang, I've heard that sort of stuff a lot but I've never really seen anything substantive that ties sensationalist media w/ widespread racial stratification and institutional racism. I don't think I've ever even seen a reasonably credible analysis/study supporting ur hypothesis. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

In fact, personally, I'd even say that the media doesn't put enough light on racism; they only rly focus on individual, big-hitting events, never on the way in which society is built and organized upon racism.

"the media" is an ambiguous/broad term. There are magazines/articles/newspapers which discuss all forms of racism but if you're expecting to see an article about institutionalised racism in a popular magazine then you're out of luck. The blame here, however, lies with people rather than "the media." The media act upon the forces of supply and demand and there is far more demand for information on Brangelina than there is on equality but that is not a result of mass-media drivel, it is the cause of mass-media drivel.

Sorry if this isn't really relevant I feel like I might be going on an off-topic rant haha.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.