I need to make a smaller "grab and go" pedalboard for the summer. Since it's not going to be as big, I want to make it on my own. However, I have no experience working with wood and whatnot, so I don't know what kind/lengths/etc that I'll need, and every set of instructions I can find online seems to skip over the measurements of what I'll need, or just flat out doesn't have a list of materials. Basically I need a shopping list, and some more specific step-by-step instructions on making one. Does this exist anywhere?

FWIW, the pedals that will go on this board are

Line 6 G50 wireless receiver-Boss TU-3-Visual Sound Route 66-MXR Badass Distortion-Mini clean boost-Boss DD5/FS-5U tap tempo. All powered by a Onespot.

While I'm making a thread, can anyone point me in the direction of a place to buy bulk cable and jacks for soldering?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by WtrPlyr
Lay your pedals on the floor and measure how much space they take. That's not too hard right?

Yeah, I guess measurements aren't as much as the issue as other specifics (what wood to get, how to paint/finish it, stuff like that). Basically I've never done anything with woodworking before, so I want to idiot-proof myself. I also think that showing up to a Home Depot in Nebraska and saying "I need to build a pedalboard" will just get blank stares.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Plywood, black spray paint, super glue, wood screws, wood sealant, velcro and some corner braces should cover pretty much any style of board. Cut the board to size. If you want it angled, decide on angle and cut two identical pieces of wood (3 if the board is large so that you have a centerpiece). Spray them all black and wait for it to dry. Might need a few coats and some wood sealant to get the surface nice enough for velcro to stick. Once it's dry, fit it together and use the corner braces/wood screws to assemble it. You may need the super glue to make the velcro stick. Alternatively, you could use carpet and staple it to the wood.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Depends what kind of design you want. I made my first pedalboard out of a single plank of mdf. Put some velcro on it and called it a pedalboard.
My second pedalboard was made out of an old chair.
Quote by mmolteratx
Plywood, black spray paint, super glue, wood screws, wood sealant, velcro and some corner braces should cover pretty much any style of board. Cut the board to size. If you want it angled, decide on angle and cut two identical pieces of wood (3 if the board is large so that you have a centerpiece). Spray them all black and wait for it to dry. Might need a few coats and some wood sealant to get the surface nice enough for velcro to stick. Once it's dry, fit it together and use the corner braces/wood screws to assemble it. You may need the super glue to make the velcro stick. Alternatively, you could use carpet and staple it to the wood.

This was super helpful, thanks. Will I be able to find all of this at any hardware store, or should I shop online for it?
All of it should be at Home Depot. You'll just have to look around a bit.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

i really wouldn't advise super glue. use some thing like titebond or a strong wood glue will give you more than what you need. wood glue is named for its reason. gorilla glue isn't the best either, i did it on one pedal board and it tracked through the grain, sucked.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/