what do you guys like about being able to play guitar?
i like that i can take my acoustic to any street corner, or bar, or stage and become an "artist". music is all i have and all that is left for free, to me.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I play for no one but me, so I can't say the same. Playing just makes me feel good all over.

GRAY RAINBOW

Quote by StewieSwan
It makes up for my shitty personality.

This.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It lets me vent my need to be creative.

Quote by metacarpi
This.
Brofist for Becoming A Jackal.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by Haures
I play for no one but me, so I can't say the same. Playing just makes me feel good all over.

This.
The free beer vouchers you get when playing at a decent bar venue

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The free beer vouchers you get when playing at a decent bar venue

Actually I second this. Usually it's just Budweiser or PBR, but getting a couple of them for free? Shit yeah.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Banjocal
It lets me vent my need to be creative.

Brofist for Becoming A Jackal.

(Invalid img)
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It allows me to do music, which is what keeps me going and it allows me to do it in all the different ways i want. It's a legitimising thing to do, to be able to sing something and play the guitar and know it's what you believe in and what you're doing is basically an articulation of something you can't express otherwise.
the best part about playing the guitar is hanging with drummers.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by deathdrummer
the best part about playing the guitar is hanging with drummers.

Meeting new people and forming friendships that never would have formed had I not picked up the guitar.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by GazzaCee
Meeting new people and forming friendships that never would have formed had I not picked up the guitar.
This too. Makes talking to total strangers a million times better.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I like the intricacy of power chords.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
The mental and musical exercise. I'm starting to love how you must figure out how you're going to interpret a piece and make it your own.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The satisfaction of doing something artistic and being somewhat good at it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Getting tendonitis and contemplating suicide.

Don't even wanna hear what's the worst part
It's basically the only proper way for me to vent my feelings and how I am, whether I'm a dick or a good person it will somehow come out in my music, it's my own therapy and makes me feel better and I can cope with myself and my surrounding. Other people's music can't do that for me as I can never give myself credit for that music and I don't want to associate myself with other people's music as a reflection of myself, it can inspire me or be close to my feelings, but that's just a projection onto the music. My own music is a mirror into myself.

Inb4 gay.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Actually I'm getting a bit bored of guitar and don't have enough motivation to get better. I'm interested in taking up piano/synth or violin.
West Ham United
Being able to figure stuff out by ear is awesome. Just being able to hear what they're doing and know how to do it without touching your guitar is awesome.
Basically if a girl comes to my house, I can just show them my guitars and guaranteed a willy waggle session
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Basically if a girl comes to my house, I can just show them my guitars and guaranteed a willy waggle session

unless they see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdjiU_GLx7c

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Being able to figure stuff out by ear is awesome. Just being able to hear what they're doing and know how to do it without touching your guitar is awesome.

Yeah, this definitely, I think playing any instrument improvises your enjoyment of music
Quote by Harvey Swick

Surely those kind of tekkers would make it even easier? Or do you mean they would be turned off if I was a 30 something Latina? I think I missed something.

I do love Rodrigo y Gaberiela btw.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Surely those kind of tekkers would make it even easier? Or do you mean they would be turned off if I was a 30 something Latina? I think I missed something.

I do love Rodrigo y Gaberiela btw.

i mean that you could not compare to this. so if they had seen this video, it would be their basis for comparison.

Quote by Harvey Swick
i mean that you could not compare to this. so if they had seen this video, it would be their basis for comparison.

Ah right, gotcha. I tend to avoid actually playing anything, for the illusion of talent. And I don't think I've ever really met a girl cultured enough to listen to that.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Ah right, gotcha. I tend to avoid actually playing anything, for the illusion of talent. And I don't think I've ever really met a girl cultured enough to listen to that.

its a sad, sad world

Quote by Harvey Swick
its a sad, sad world

I suppose you're right.

But I am 15, no need to panic yet. I imagine 15 year old girls aren't the target audience of Rodrigo y Gabriela.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Last edited by Stugg334 at Apr 3, 2012,
The best part for me is when I finally make something that sounds good or when I finally nail a technique that I've been practicing.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.