The pedal worked just as usual the other day but now there is something wrong. It sounds like a freaking whale, it has no by-pass and it sound so annoying.

I opened it up twice. Once to install the battery and a second time to just take a look at it but is still worked perfectly afterwards.
Could a component be broken? Could it be shorted? If pedals could be ESD damaged, could this have happened?
When I took a look at it some components were bent. Not the component itself but the contact thread. They were not loose thou.

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CLIP WHERE I DEMONSTRATE HOW IT SOUNDS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joAiew_m20s
Have you plugged the cables in the right way?
Because that is the exact sound that a wah makes when plugged in backwards.
Quote by Sampy

^This.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Sampy

And you can clearly see that it's plugged in backwards in the video.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
And you can clearly see that it's plugged in backwards in the video.

Dude, backwards? This has seriously never hapened to me. It doesnt have any signs or shit which way I should plug it in... I thought I crossed the poles in some way but yea, so I should plug it in with the guitar on the right side of the pedal and my amp from the left side?
Quote by Powersurge213
that just hilarious XD
When you say you opened it up, was this before the whale?

Yes, it was before the whale
Quote by Lyrax
Dude, backwards? This has seriously never hapened to me. It doesnt have any signs or shit which way I should plug it in... I thought I crossed the poles in some way but yea, so I should plug it in with the guitar on the right side of the pedal and my amp from the left side?

yup
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
UH OH look at tom morello 2.0 here!!! write a song about whales and bust out a whale solo! But seriously I've done that too...its all part of the learning curve.
Quote by JBailey23
UH OH look at tom morello 2.0 here!!! write a song about whales and bust out a whale solo! But seriously I've done that too...its all part of the learning curve.

At least I know that its not broken!
It would be cool if I got a cheap wah and reversed it like I just did and combined with some effect, like a tremolo effect for some intro or some weird thing.. Could be interesting..
Anyway, thank you
not tremolo. **** tremolo. delay.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
DELAY DUDE!

also check echoes by pinkflyd the seagul sounds there are done this way. it was David Gilmour first who discovered the thing. I believe he still has that reverse switch on his pedalboard that kind of reverses the connections so you get that tone... well not you... him...
****in yea delay! Delay and some chorus with some eerie sounds in the background like from the Pink Floyd song would be awesome. I love making weird noises, just like the pick-tangled-in-between-the-stings bell sound like I do.. This was actually a good experience for me. Could I connect a regular wah and a reversed wah in a pedal chain?
Quote by Vendetta V
yeah you can I guess but the thing is that they say you shouldnt use your wah reversed for over 10 minutes or somehting. and it doesnt work with ALL the wahs, my morley PWA doesnt do that

I assume it would damage it. But why shouldnt I use it reversed?
If its proven it damages it I wouldn't do it reversed a lot. standard crybabys are cheaper than when i bought mine but still $60ish is a lot to spend on a new one every time you burn one out doing that effect.
Quote by JBailey23
If its proven it damages it I wouldn't do it reversed a lot. standard crybabys are cheaper than when i bought mine but still $60ish is a lot to spend on a new one every time you burn one out doing that effect.

Well I could ask in the instrument store if it damages it.
Buying a new one every time is kinda unnecessary
yea...be prepared for a few weird looks from the music store guys when you tell them why you wanna use it reversed. They tend to think strangely of out of the box thinkers around my part of the world.
Plugging in a wah backwards results in some of the most fun you can have onstage.

Made our singer nearly pee his pants one time. . Of course it was for a joke.

Then back when I had a Whammy I would always go down an octave and play bass lines with the bass player.

I miss that thing
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Plugging in a wah backwards results in some of the most fun you can have onstage.

Made our singer nearly pee his pants one time. . Of course it was for a joke.

Then back when I had a Whammy I would always go down an octave and play bass lines with the bass player.

I miss that thing

Seriously, I have to do that thing. I have been to a lot of concerts by some local bands and none of them are doing something special and different. Only using guitars tuned to drop z and doing some mindless chugging backed with screamo vocals.

Imagine this:
The Wes Borland tapping technique, this wah thing, playing dissonant stuff and the use of a 7 string tuned to Bb. Thats my sound pretty much.

Id really like to have a Digitech Whammy but Im broke as **** right now. Well, a proper musician should be broke, right?
Sounds like it might be the resonant frequency of the filter coming through? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with what you actually play into it from what I can see. If I'm not mistaken though from looking at the schematic the crybaby might be driving current through your guitar when you plug it into the amp jack which might not be very good for either pedal or guitar.
Quote by NeXEkho
Sounds like it might be the resonant frequency of the filter coming through? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with what you actually play into it from what I can see. If I'm not mistaken though from looking at the schematic the crybaby might be driving current through your guitar when you plug it into the amp jack which might not be very good for either pedal or guitar.

It really isn't that complicated, he plugged the damn thing in backwards.
well the bad thing about this is from what I get a self oscillation kind of thing so whatever you play is not really being altered by the wah, it just creates its own noise....

now whammy's on the other hand.... been a full time whammy user for years, I dont know of anything I haven't done with those things!

and yeah dude, audience loves it
Toss in some delay (back when I had one ) and a really moody song and you have some cool stuff, siren effects, what have you with a backwards wah.

Whammys are only really good for screwing with people . I wish I still had mine but I only used it for Jack White stuff and to pass time while I was playing rhythm. In the band I'm in I don't really have a use for one sadly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
This is actually a good experience for me. I have discovered a new way in making weird noises and effects.
But there is one thing left that I would like to know. Will I damage the pedal if I keep doing this?
Using it this way seems to be more fun than using it the ordinary way.
anyone know if its damaging to do this? i want to use that effect
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Roc8995
It won't damage anything. Go nuts.

**** yea! Thanks