I mindlessly plugged my pedals in a ''wrong'' path yesterday, and i noticed something very different. My usual chain is: wah > distortion > muff, but after putting the distortion last I noticed the BM becomes much smoother when played alone and my DS-2 becomes slightly darker.

Out of curiosity, I put my muff first in the chain, followed by wah then distortion. I noticed the wah's effect become a lot more pronounced. Also, my DS-2 became clearer. The muff suddenly became very brittle and lacking bottom end, but when I kicked in the DS-2 with gain about 20% the tone turned to something I had never heard before. Very thick, saturated with a slightly different attack with a lot less noise. I loved it!

So, how can I keep the saturation but without my muff becoming thin when used alone?
Could be due to crappy buffers in the Boss and Wah (assuming it's a Crybaby).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
It's not a Crybaby, it's a knockoff by a company called Daphon. Probably worse quality components than a Crybaby
yup. That may be it. You, my friend, have been a victim of tone rape. don't shower, go to the cops. immediately.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals