Some of you may remember my piece Duende, the one I auditioned for America's Got Talent with. I've just released a new orignal, called Nocturne #1 (TOne).

Hope you like it!

as always, c4c.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ArR0n2lMg
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Beautiful man, really nice melodies and composition in general. Recording quality is great too. There's really not a lot for me to criticise to be honest. It's a fantastic piece.
If you're doing C4C, there's a Youtube link in my sig, your feedback would be awesome
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Beautiful man, really nice melodies and composition in general. Recording quality is great too. There's really not a lot for me to criticise to be honest. It's a fantastic piece.
If you're doing C4C, there's a Youtube link in my sig, your feedback would be awesome

Thank ya!

I like your sound, it's always nice to hear a singer in your vocal range. I'm getting really tired of the super high tenors. I listened to "When We're Dead," what a cool song. It reminds me of quite a few groups yet you still manage to sound like yourself. Are you dubbing though? Like recording the video and audio separately? Either way, well done. I enjoyed it.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Thank ya!

I like your sound, it's always nice to hear a singer in your vocal range. I'm getting really tired of the super high tenors. I listened to "When We're Dead," what a cool song. It reminds me of quite a few groups yet you still manage to sound like yourself. Are you dubbing though? Like recording the video and audio separately? Either way, well done. I enjoyed it.

Cheers mate, much appreciated
Yeah, the video was done after, I couldn't practically film myself recording it so I played along to the song (very badly) to my webcam a couple of days later
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Cheers mate, much appreciated
Yeah, the video was done after, I couldn't practically film myself recording it so I played along to the song (very badly) to my webcam a couple of days later

I didn't think it was that bad of a job actually! I just noticed because of the initial hiccup and mismatching on your body language and your voice. Nothing wrong with doing that though!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Loved it, very soothing, the section after 2.05 is great, really nice work man, based around a few simple chord progressions too.

There's a few misfrets, but nothing major, nice middle 8 too, overall it's mad.
Thanks guys! At least someone noticed the misfrets haha, I was starting to think those would go unnoticed. I liked the overall feel of this take enough to deal with the couple of missed notes though. My nails were too long when I recorded.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Nice man, sounded awesome. Really nailed those harmonics & it was sick when it picked up around the 2 minute mark!
Quote by Jay3000
Nice man, sounded awesome. Really nailed those harmonics & it was sick when it picked up around the 2 minute mark!

Thank ya! I've been questioning the 2 minute mark and what to do with it, glad you like it.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Nice man! I really liked it! Nothing overcomplicated while at the same time very melodic with a lot of feeling! I love those small bends you throw in. It adds a nice touch to it.

The only "critique" I can come with is dynamics! That's a problem many steel stringed fingerstyle guitarists have (including myself). To sometimes play more quite to lator on build up to a more loud part is important when playing music overall, and especially when playing guitar the way you do. I know it's hard on a steel string, but if you exaggurate when playing soft/hard it will work!

Really good, I liked it!

Here's my thread, also a fingerstyle composition: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1534849
Quote by Azhark
Nice man! I really liked it! Nothing overcomplicated while at the same time very melodic with a lot of feeling! I love those small bends you throw in. It adds a nice touch to it.

The only "critique" I can come with is dynamics! That's a problem many steel stringed fingerstyle guitarists have (including myself). To sometimes play more quite to lator on build up to a more loud part is important when playing music overall, and especially when playing guitar the way you do. I know it's hard on a steel string, but if you exaggurate when playing soft/hard it will work!

Really good, I liked it!

Here's my thread, also a fingerstyle composition: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1534849

yeah no you're totally right. The piece has plenty of dynamics but my production process mixed with youtube's compression flattens them out. I like playing them live better since I can express the dynamics fully but it's a little difficult online. I'll post on yours in a second!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
that was wel played thoughout, woud like to play like that mysef sometimes because you can entertain anyone with music like that.
Insane nice one.
Quote by Indy_Fire
that was wel played thoughout, woud like to play like that mysef sometimes because you can entertain anyone with music like that.
Insane nice one.

Ah, I wish I could entertain anyone with that. A lot of people seem to not care as much as they would about a vocalist. Thanks though!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712