Page 1 of 2
Oddly enough, we're already approaching a third of the year. In eight more months, it will be the end as we know it. Yes, the year will end. What did you think I meant?

Since we're a third of the way through, that should mean a substantial amount of good material should have met your ears, no?

Your favorites so far: List them.

in no order

Meshuggah-Koloss (Took me a while to get into this, but it's really good. I still think Meshuggah's had better, but this album could be the metal release of the year.)
Grimes-Visions (spooky, chilled electronic bloops and bleeps. So catchy)
Frankie Rose-Interstellar (a dream pop voice but a grande vision on this release. Very cool)
Chromatics-Kill for Love (80's synth and cheese, 60's writing mentality, modern technical approach. Really mesmerizing album)
Burial-Kindred (Such a powerful electronic release. All that has to be said)
First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
Buckethead - Electric Sea

They're the only 2012 albums so far that have really stuck with me.
New Tallest Man on Earth comes out in June, so that'll probably be added to my list too.

Edit: Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory was pretty decent also, but it didn't stay with me for long.
Last edited by institutions at Apr 3, 2012,
koloss, meipher, stranded in 16, in sync and fruitless in seattle.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Loma Prieta - I.V.

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory

Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
Last edited by blake1221 at Apr 3, 2012,
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - Rot Gut, Domestic

If you want to know what it would sound like if old school (as in, good) Weezer became alcoholics, listen to this.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Lamb of God's Resolution is good. Better than Wrath in my opinion.

Alter Bridge - Live at Wembley, while it's not new material, is bitchin'.

I don't yet own Koloss, but the stuff that I've heard is good.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
I didn't really like Koloss, I much prefer obZen. I would say And So It Came To Pass by Dyscarnate, and probably Hour Of Penance's Sedition.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Geldin
Noctourniquet

I still am not sure how I feel about this album. It has mind blowing moments, but I just feel that it drags on. I need to have a few more proper listens and see if it still feels that way. Otherwise, yeah, it's really good. Just feels overlong.
Quote by damian_91
I didn't really like Koloss, I much prefer obZen.

Have to agree there. I liked obzen a lot more than this one, even though it's still pretty decent. Seemed similar to Nothing.
Sail upon the open skies
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball.

Stunning CD. Love the production and folk influences, and there are some amazing songs. Death To My Hometown, Jack Of All Trades, Land Of Hope And Dreams, Shackled And Drawn... Love it!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I See Stars - [Digital_Renegade]

Hate Me...
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by blake1221
Loma Prieta - I.V.

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory

Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas

I cannot stop listening to Attack on Memory and is definitely my favorite album of the year. I also think its better than there earlier stuff.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
MDNA, no homo.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I second Grimes- Visions

Plus the record from the Men

Tramp by Sharon Von Etten

attack on memory again

The rocket juice and the moon album with flea and Damon Albarn seems pretty cool too, haven't given it a proper listen yet though
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Frankie Rose-Interstellar (a dream pop voice but a grande vision on this release. Very cool)

Frankie Rose - Interstellar
La Sera - Sees the Light
Meshuggah - Koloss
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
Nothing too good has even came out yet, although there are a couple albums that I still need to check out so I dunno. Sleigh Bells album was p disappointing, don't see why everyone likes the Cloud Nothings album either, Memoryhouse was kind of interesting but got boring real fast, same with Boy Friend.
Few bands that I like that have released an album but I haven't listened to yet so maybe I'll enjoy the year better once I do that.
..And Justice For All by Metallica. i think they've really exceeded themselves on this one, i wonder where they'll go next
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
I don't think I have heard any albums from this year
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Van Halen's new album "A Different Kind of Truth" is an album I'd definitely recommend. I honestly didn't think that they'd be able to crank it up as they used to, but their album turned out to be surprisingly pretty awesome!
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

On The Impossible Past
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
pretty sure the new of montreal album is the only 2012 album ive listened to so far.

im still fully appreciating 2011, i tend to be a year or two behind usually
Resolution is the best so far, but it will all change when Be'lakor release their new album...
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Blunderbluss.

Not released yet?

Doesn't matter.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Tigercats' Isle of Dogs is worth a listen. But I don't keep up with any new music.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Âme
Dodecahedron - Dodecahedron
Vaura - Selenelion
Последние Каникулы - Ромашка

Field Music - Plumb
Porcelain Raft - Strange Weekend
Moss of Aura - Wading
The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (Still iffy about this one)

And I haven't listened to Koloss yet.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Page 1 of 2