Thom emailed them a while ago, he got this response.

Hi Tom, I appreciate your compliments on the album. I hope this information finds you well.

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Les Paul Standard. I've had the Studio for years and I love it, I recently picked up a Standard and I like that too, but I realized I don't like owning expensive things; I think I worry about it too much.

Amp, Cabs: Mesa solo 50 head, Mesa 4x12, Avatar 4x12. The Mesa head was the first real amp I bought and is still the one I currently use. It's purple, I've grown to love it. The Avatar was my first cab and it was always OK sounding, kind of pale in comparison with the Mesa, but a while back I rewired it and rear-mounted the speakers and now I actually like it better some days.

Pedals: Sonic Research ST-200, ISP Decimator, Line 6 DL4. The ST-200 is in my opinion one of the best tuning pedals on the market. It's solid, USA made, and is much more accurate than anything out there I've seen. Just a small company but I can see them being popularized. The ISP is another great pedal, also a small company, at least when I bought mine, now I think they sell them at GC and everything. The DL4 I never cease having problems with. I've been through at least 4 of them in past few years, and the one I have right now is also broken. But for
some reason I keep buying them?

Other things: cables, picks, strings. I end up experimenting with a lot of different kinds. Right now I'm settled on Mogami cables, Dunlop Yellow picks, and D'addario EXL115 strings, but that could change tomorrow.

Kevin plays an SG (guitar) through a 5150II head through Marshall cabs. His pedal set up is about the same as mine: tuner, noise suppressor, delay. But he uses a Boss tuner and delay (DD7 I think).

So there you have it. What do you use? I always love to talk about gear. Right now I'm getting into building guitar pedals and speaker cabs and things so that's been an adventure, things to occupy my time... Anyway, I've rambled. -Chad
I'm an asshole.
Kevin uses a Maxon OD-9 for overdrive and his amp (channel pedal) for distortion. He also uses a delay, but I'm not sure which one exactly. I think his head is a Peavey 5150, and a Marshall cab, not sure of the model. I've never gotten a good look at Chad's pedalboard, unfortunately.

EDIT: ^That works too.
Last edited by IommiPage at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by lookpizza
Thom emailed them a while ago, he got this response.

Thanks! Do you have chad's email by the way?

Quote by IommiPage
Kevin uses a Maxon OD-9 for overdrive and his amp (channel pedal) for distortion. He also uses a delay, but I'm not sure which one exactly. I think his head is a Peavey 5150, and a Marshall cab, not sure of the model. I've never gotten a good look at Chad's pedalboard, unfortunately.

EDIT: ^That works too.

Also, is the Maxon OD-9 the only distortion they use?
I've never gotten a good look at Chad's pedalboard, unfortunately.
(Invalid img)