Alright everybody so my high school jazz band is playing 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago. I was asked to solo for 24 bars but I'm kind of unsure of what I should do. The solo is in c minor so I have been playing the c minor scale while throwing in some bends, vibrato, and wah. I would like to know what else I could do because I don't have enough solo for 24 bars.
Washburn HB35
Fender American Tele
Breedlove C250

Peavey Classic 50 410
Fender Mustang 1
I played this in jazz band too, but on sax. Because this song is straight up rock and roll I think pentatonics will work well; Cmin and Ebmaj. Try repeating licks through chord changes, it'll give it different harmonies with the rest of the band and sound interesting. Look up some bluesy pentatonic licks and you should be set.
The original song does have an awesome solo, you could learn it (and make sure it's in the same key as the version your band plays). I'm not saying use it note for note, but take ideas and motifs from it.
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Longer solos have to be more substance than flashy technique or anything. You have to be able to add in melodic themes and motifs in that space. If you just play straight scales, it's gonna sound really boring and uninteresting. If you play something melodic with a more thematic approach, your solo will be much more interesting and memorable.

Long story short: don't worry about playing scales. Worry about playing a melody that sounds good. Musical scales are there to describe what you have played, not to tell you what you must play.
definitely no expert on this sort of stuff, but some basic ideas i've heard that seem to be most effective to me

listen to the recording and try to sing along different melodic ideas that come to mind

once you have some ideas in your mind then try to play them on guitar, you'll probably end up with notes that should work with the backing progression, but you could always use some of the scales to guide you where things don't sound right to you

also let some notes pass, don't just play solid

you could also try to break up the solo into 3 parts to create a bit of a journey for the listener, somewhat like a story with an intro, mid and end