Page 2 of 10
I guess it's possible not to like it, but there is something wrong with you if you don't.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by yaaarp
That's awesome. Special TV networks realise that quality fans > crap load of shitty fans.
Let's hope regular network eventually figure out that 24 episodes per season is way too long. I'm not saying we should do like the British and have 3 episodes every 2 years (Sherlock) but 10 -16 episodes is really great. If you've every watched 24, you know what I mean. It's a well written show, especially considering how challenging it must be to write a show about ONE day, but by the end you have had so much back and forth plot twists and you just get tired of it.

Yeah we were learning about this in one of my university classes.
HBO is what it stands for: a home box office. You pay for its service, and it's pretty much guaranteed to give you what you pay for. No commercials, no limitations, and top notch material. That's why so many good shows come from HBO, Showtime, and etc.

It's not so much that basic cable shows are limited by what swearing or sex they can show, but also the material of the story. Can they focus a lot on religion, politics, etc. at specific times? Does the hero have to win in the end? Do we have to follow a formula to fight with other shows on at the same time?

The Sopranos was one of the, if not the, first shows to throw what tv shows can be into a spin. Especially since Canadians couldn't get the show, illegal VHS recordings were shipped over to Canada, helping to start the whole craze of TV Shows on physical copies. Eventually they were released on DVD when possible, and it became an even bigger success.
Quote by Kensai
I guess it's possible not to like it, but there is something wrong with you if you don't.

I freely admit to numerous flaws. Thinking Seinfeld is stupid is not included in them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I can't stand my friend that hates the show. He's an avid Family Guy fan (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's like all he watches) and he's very annoying in general, not sure why I hang out with him. :P
Great show.
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Apr 3, 2012,
Seinfeld, arrested development and always sunny are the best comedy shows to ever come on tv
It is way better than say, Big Bang Theory. Way way better.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I'm sorry but I find it a bit lame most of the time.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
People that don't like Seinfeld just haven't watched enough Seinfeld, objective fact.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by yaaarp
This. Among other older shows like Friends and Cheers.

I know plenty of people who just don't get Seinfeld. I know where they're coming from, though. A lot of people don't watch TV properly. They flick the channels and form an opinion based on pure chance that they find instant entertainment. You have to watch a Seinfeld episode from the beginning to end.

This is why so many awesome shows didn't do so well. The Wire is anything but instant gratitude, Arrested Development was full of inside jokes you won't get immediately (I attribute AD's failure to marketing, though) and Community has character based comedy that you won't care for before you know the characters.

Every Seinfeld scene/ detail is usually essential (Or there to fool you from predicting) to make that ending super funny. I ruined some of my enjoyment of Seinfeld by watching reruns and starting half-way in an episode.

This soooo much. I have tried to explain this to my brother, but he just won't listen. Seinfield is so funny because they set up jokes in the beginning and really let lose at the end. You have to watch it unfold.
I enjoy Seinfeld. Soup Nazi and the one where George's fiance dies are the best ones imo.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by lushacrous
People that don't like Seinfeld just haven't watched enough Seinfeld, objective fact.

Maybe, but I think then it's a good thing for me.. Like this I have more time to do other stuff than just sit in front of a glowing box...

If it's so good. Then please do enjoy it!
Quote by Devilish Dave
Maybe, but I think then it's a good thing for me.. Like this I have more time to do other stuff than just sit in front of a glowing box...

Yeah but you're missing out on a big part of 90's culture and why you like certain things on like every single tv show you've ever watched since then.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by S0n1c '97
I watched it, but honestly I preferred King of Queens

You take that back RIGHT NOW!

Seinfeld is ok.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Seinfeld has had a constant presence in my life since I was a little kid. I've seen almost every episode, I think. It's only gotten funnier since I've matured. One of my absolute favorites.
Quote by lushacrous
Yeah but you're missing out on a big part of 90's culture and why you like certain things on like every single tv show you've ever watched since then.

I don't watch TV anymore. There is never anything good in it.
We've already found ways of getting movies on the internet.
We can read the news with more information on the internet.
We can also watch such show is we REALLY wanted to.

I used to watch TV when these music channels like MTV was actually MTV and not some shitty reality (with background music) show.
There have been people who've hated the show since the pilot.

About Arrested Development though, that show was bounced around a lot from timeslot to timeslot, which contributed in large part to it's lack of views (people simply never saw it). A lot of people talk about the insular nature of the show i.e. the in-jokes, visual cues, etc. and yes, those are things you have to have some previous knowledge of to totally appreciate them, but really the show is just genuinely hilarious; anyone can sit down and, so long as they watch the whole episode, get a hearty laugh out of it. Aside from things that came out of two- and three-season arcs, there's a plethora of stair-cars, blue paint, and Saddam Hussein impersonators to immediately tickle anybody's absurdist bone.
Quote by Devilish Dave
I don't watch TV anymore. There is never anything good in it.

Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Love the show. I've just seen every episode so many times I can't really watch it anymore. I would, but none of my friends like it.
Sonic said he likes king of queens. HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE IGNORING THIS?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist

I like it more than Seinfeld. I have already handed in my mancard so you can't have it.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I like it more than Seinfeld. I have already handed in my mancard so you can't have it.

How do you sleep at night? There isn't a character in that series that I don't want to dirty sanchez.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist

I like King of Queens sometimes. Not anywhere on the same level of Seinfeld, but if it's on at 4 in the afternoon, sure I'll tolerate it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by The_Sophist
How do you sleep at night? There isn't a character in that series that I don't want to dirty sanchez.

Sounds like you are quite gay and disgusting, thank you.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Sounds like you are quite gay and disgusting, thank you.

sigged.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
sigged.

Why would you sig that?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Demon Wolf
It is way better than say, Big Bang Theory. Way way better.

Poop soup is better than BBT.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by brender
Seinfeld, arrested development and always sunny are the best comedy shows to ever come on tv

I liked SOAP better.
I doubt few here have even heard of it though.
Quote by Devilish Dave

Quote by sam b
What the fuck is Seinfeld

dear god man
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by CodeMonk
I liked SOAP better.
I doubt few here have even heard of it though.

Soap was great. Benson was better.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by sam b
What the fuck is Seinfeld

Now you know why nobody likes you.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Now you know why nobody likes you.

Do you think the more you say that, the more likely it is to become true or what?
Quote by sam b
Do you think the more you say that, the more likely it is to become true or what?

I know it is true. Wanna fight about it? I meet you and all your friends in Oslo next thursday, then I will also come alone.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I know it is true. Wanna fight about it? I meet you and all your friends in Oslo next thursday, then I will also come alone.

I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you..

You're like someone's annoying little twat of a brother who think's they're funny or "hard", but just gets laughed at, bless you
Quote by sam b
I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you..

You're like someone's annoying little twat of a brother who think's they're funny or "hard", but just gets laughed at, bless you

At least I have friends to laugh at me.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Jackal58
Poop soup is better than BBT.

Thank. You.
Big Bang Theory is beyond overrated. It really is not funny, and yes I get the jokes. It is nothing more than 20 minutes of cheeky remarks your science major friend would make. That's it.

Also, my friend has SOAP or whatever that show is on his hard drive. Worth checking out? What's it about?