Page 5 of 10
Quote by Anchr
I can't stand Seinfeld. The humour just doesn't get me, scenarios are boring etc etc. Same story with Friends (flameshield activate!).

Frasier on the other hand...

This, except I highly enjoy Friends.

Seinfelds characters irk me and it just doesn't make me laugh.
Never seen it

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by cornmancer
Simpsons > Arrested Development = Community > Seinfeld > Futurama
Such is the pantheon of TV comedy.

Seinfeld > 90s Simpsons > It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia > Arrested Development = Community > Futurama > Gossip Girl > watching a plant grow > watching an obese woman bend over to tie her shoes > The Simpsons nowadays.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by ErikLensherr
Seinfeld > 90s Simpsons > It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia > Arrested Development = Community > Futurama > Gossip Girl > watching a plant grow > watching an obese woman bend over to tie her shoes > The Simpsons nowadays.

Breaking Bad > X, where X equals all other shows.

OT: I used to hate Seinfeld. It just never clicked with me. I didn't begin to appreciate it, actually, until just last year. I dunno how it happened, but the show began to make sense to me, and I really enjoy it now.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by eGraham

OT: I used to hate Seinfeld. It just never clicked with me. I didn't begin to appreciate it, actually, until just last year. I dunno how it happened, but the show began to make sense to me, and I really enjoy it now.

To the first part, yes. To the second part, that's exactly what's supposed to happen.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by eGraham

You can't compare BB with Seinfeld though
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by korinaflyingv
never seen a full episode. looks pretty shit tbh from the clips i've seen. probably will give it a go though, just because curb's so good.

That's because you don't just watch clips of Seinfeld.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by korinaflyingv
never seen a full episode. looks pretty shit tbh from the clips i've seen. probably will give it a go though, just because curb's so good.

I am not a massive Seinfeld fan but it is good. You absolutely have to watch entire episodes of it though.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Why is there so much love for the simpsons? I can understand watching the older season for Nostalgia but it's been HORRIBLE for the last 10 years (just pulling this number out my ass)

Also why is there so much love for Community on the internet? I like the show but I can't help but feel I'm missing something. I'm glued to the TV when I watch it, I love the characters but I don't find it that laugh-out-loud funny. Am I missing out that much by not getting a few movie references or is this just the new show and everyone just wants to like it before it gets cancelled and finally becomes cool?

Quote by eGraham

And just to put an end to all the ladders of awesomeness..

Comedy
Arrested development > Seinfeld > first couple seasons of The Office (US) > Seinfeld like shows (Curb, The League, Sunny) > everything else

Drama
The Wire > Breaking Bad > Everything else
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Black Books and Fawlty Towers>any comedy ever produced in the US
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Seinfeld is one of the most massively overrated shows to ever be produced.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by yaaarp

Also why is there so much love for Community on the internet? I like the show but I can't help but feel I'm missing something. I'm glued to the TV when I watch it, I love the characters but I don't find it that laugh-out-loud funny. Am I missing out that much by not getting a few movie references or is this just the new show and everyone just wants to like it before it gets cancelled and finally becomes cool?

I think it's part that it's awesome and part the hip/cool thing. It's a really quick show, and it's consistently witty and funny and original. It even has some depth to it. It has moments of brilliance, but I wouldn't necessarily put it with the greatest shows of all time. Maybe it'd be like top 10.
seinfeld is awesome, absolutely love it. maybe my favourite show ever (or at least, one of them).

that being said, of course it's possible not to like it, too. I mean some people prefer britney spears to srv.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
I'm watching it right now and it is so predictable and therefore unfunny. At least joey's stupidity is so stupid that it is unpredictable and therefore funny.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by yaaarp
Why is there so much love for the simpsons? I can understand watching the older season for Nostalgia but it's been HORRIBLE for the last 10 years (just pulling this number out my ass)

I honestly don't know if there is anything funnier then The Simpsons, seasons 3-8.

I would only put Arrested Development (and maybe seasons 2 and 3 of the US Office) with it, and that was only two-and-a-half seasons.

Part of it is probably nostalgia but I can watch those episodes dozens of times and never get bored of them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i'd say series 5 -10 or so for the simpsons- when it was good it was probably the best thing ever. but there's been so much crap since (i haven't watched it in forever, but the trailers i see for new episodes don't look like anything has changed) that it's just unfair to call it the best show ever. it's like saying a film is the best film ever because the first 20 minutes are awesome. even if the last hour and a half is terrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.

If everyone just looked to the cookie, the world would be a better place.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'm watching Susan lick envelopes right now.

So funny
Quote by primusfan
so much seinfeld hate in here. :/

It's OK, they are the "lesser people". Their opinions don't matter.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I hate that show with a passion!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I watched every episode. Towards the last two seasons I began to hate every character, especially Elaine. They were all stuck up and stubborn, I'm glad they ended up in jail.
I watch it when its on, it is generally entertaining, but tbh I've never more than cracked a smile at it...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Samdroid
Seinfeld is the best, Jerry. The best.

I just bought season 4 for 8 bucks at Dollar General. Score.
Quote by yaaarp
This. Among other older shows like Friends and Cheers.

I know plenty of people who just don't get Seinfeld. I know where they're coming from, though. A lot of people don't watch TV properly. They flick the channels and form an opinion based on pure chance that they find instant entertainment. You have to watch a Seinfeld episode from the beginning to end.

What a condescending opinion.

OT: Seinfeld is nothing more than predictable and awkward, like pretty much all sit-coms from the late eighties/nineties.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 18, 2012,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i usually judge people on how much they like Seinfeld

This.

Also, it's more entertaining to talk about seinfeld than it is to actually watch it. I think the appeal is that it's a ridiculously quotable show.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Wisthekiller
Not gonna read through all 10 pages. I don't like Seinfeld.

>doesnt like seinfeld
>20ppp

typical