I've been trying to get the percussive sound that Ed makes with his guitar while playing this song.

Here's a video of him playing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM40cRl1yuE

I was wondering if there was a name for what he is doing, so I can go off and look for information on how to do it. Or an explanation on how to go about learning it.

Any help would be appreciated!


All he is doing is muting the strings and strumming
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab