most DAWs (save for PT) hardly leave a footprint. your resources are being used by background services, plug-ins, loads of tracks, high sample rate, etc.

and haha, I've been looking into getting into video game music too.

cheers!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
You spent $600 on software and NOW you're wondering if there is anything better?

Now, there are two criteria to your question.

Better? No, not IMHO.

Less memory/resources? Well it depends. Cubases uses very little on its own. Once you load it up with virtual instruments, reverb impulses, and loads of effects on each track, it will start to crawl. The problem there isn't cubase though - it's the plugins.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
You spent $600 on software and NOW you're wondering if there is anything better?

Now, there are two criteria to your question.

Better? No, not IMHO.

Less memory/resources? Well it depends. Cubases uses very little on its own. Once you load it up with virtual instruments, reverb impulses, and loads of effects on each track, it will start to crawl. The problem there isn't cubase though - it's the plugins.

CT

lol that's what torrents are for. If I were to actual compose for someone, I would buy the software, but I'm just trying it out
Quote by theunforgivn
lol that's what torrents are for. If I were to actual compose for someone, I would buy the software, but I'm just trying it out

And talking about torrents and such are a big no no on this board...just saying...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
And talking about torrents and such are a big no no on this board...just saying...

Thank you for the tip, but again, it's only for personal and experimentation use, I want to play with it before I spend all that money on it
Steinberg has demos for that.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.