A sort of friend of mine offered to sell me an Oxygen 25 midi-keyboard for 80 bucks, maybe 70. I'm not exactly sure what its features are, but it could prove to be useful for recording purposes potentially with my band.

Does anyone have any experience with these, and since I don't have any experience with it, would it be optimal to buy it and learn how to use it?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Unless you're going to use it to enter midi notes in something like finale, Logic or FL studio I wouldn't get it. I use mine all the time for entering midi data but never for actually playing.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'd suggest getting a 'proper' cheap keyboard for Midi work - Unless size is an issue, those things are too small to play properly, save for just putting notes in
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I own the 49-key Oxygen.

It's a very good model for the money.

However don't buy a 25-key one, that's just restricting yourself. Save up for the bigger models, you'll thank me when you're able to really stretch out with the MIDI patches.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
If you want to learn to play Piano, get a bigger one. If not, 25 keys is fine - in fact, I want to get this exact keyboard because my 80 key one is WAY too big and cumbersome for cubase work.
If you want to play simple one hand synth stuff, pads, strings, 25 keys is fine. If you want to play Organ or Piano you'll want more keys. Also I haven't played one but I've heard that the Oxygen ones are pretty good quality
Last edited by kaptink at Apr 4, 2012,