Hey guys.

So, I've been playing on a Peavey Bandit 112 (Absolute WORST buy of my life) and it jsut decided to shit out on me. I'm sure it's fixable, but I think this is the best excuse to convince myself to get a new amp.

Anyway, I play a B. C. Rich Mockingbird Special X and I use a Digitech RP350 multi-effects pedal. Now, I play a lot of Rise Against/Three Days Grace/ Breaking Benjamin style music, so I need something that would be good for that, BUT I also need something that can be mellowed out to play country (the only band I could find in my hometown...).

Price is not a huge issue, but I don't want to get ridiculous. Overall, I don't want to have to buy another amp ever again. Opinions?

Thanks!
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
I'd recommend a Peavey Vypyr. Don't worry, it's a lot better than a Bandit 112 for what you'll want to do with it. It handles hard rock like 3DG and Breaking Benjamin great, but it can also give you a wide range of clean tones for country. Plus all of the stompboxes and effects that are built in will give you almost everything you'll ever need, and more!
This sounds hilarious, but get a 6505. I see country bands using them all the time. The not so clean clean channel is pretty much perfect for country.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
So are we looking at like a $500-600 and under budget, or more like a $1000 or more budget?
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
I'd recommend a Peavey Vypyr. Don't worry, it's a lot better than a Bandit 112 for what you'll want to do with it. It handles hard rock like 3DG and Breaking Benjamin great, but it can also give you a wide range of clean tones for country. Plus all of the stompboxes and effects that are built in will give you almost everything you'll ever need, and more!

I'd agree with this guy, it seems to suit the wide range you need.

Also... if it gives you almost everything you'll ever need and more... doesn't that mean it will give you everything you will ever need?
Quote by MonsterMetalMus

I have a little Vypyr (15W), but the clean channels suck hardcore. Which one would you suggest (So I can try it out next time I go to the shop)?
Quote by fatback96
So are we looking at like a $500-600 and under budget, or more like a $1000 or more budget?

Well, I don't really want to spend an ass-ton, but when it comes down to it, I want something that sounds great for a good price. So, to lay out an actual number, $700-$800 is probably my cap (and I'd rather not go that high).
Maybe a Jet City JCA50w, should be pretty loud and cover what you want. Also, Peavey Vypyr tube. Also, maybe if you could find a used JSX 212.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by DaysofGrace
I have a little Vypyr (15W), but the clean channels suck hardcore. Which one would you suggest (So I can try it out next time I go to the shop)?

I'd suggest you try out the 60w Tube version of the amp. Sounds immensely better than the little 15w one.
Quote by lucky1978
The spiffy new fender excelsior may work well for you

It'd be nice for the country but not the rock stuff imo.
Splawn.

/thread
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Splawn.

/thread

What, for $800?

I'd be advising you to go with the peavey vypyrs. They are surprisingly good quality amps and you can get some good tones from them, but again, don't go by the crappy 15w model.
As always, go out and try stuff-you won't know what how vast your options are just by sitting at a computer.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
If you had a cab I'd say JSX all day long. But buying a cab would probably push you over budget... Unless you can find a good deal on a used cab. There's a guy on my local CL selling a JSX head for $600, but that doesn't leave a lot of cab money.

You could also look at the tube vypyr 60. 311 and a couple of the other GG&A regulars on here have them, and give them pretty good reviews.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Splawn.

/thread

Err... not up on my Splawn info, but I'm not sure $800 is Splawn moneyz. Probably close, but not enough for a cab too.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
The Bogner Alchemist seems like a pretty versatile amp to me for a wide range of styles. A little over the $800 mark, but you could always look used if necessary.
If you really want to not have to buy an amp again, you should buy a Mesa Dual Rectifier or a Roadster (Based on what you said you want).

One of the most important pieces of advice I can give about gear is to not stopgap. You'll always end up wasting a lot of time and money if you do.

Going a little cheaper, you could do well with a Laney VH100. If you can't find one (they're kinda rare in America), there's the Marshall DSL100.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Kinda rare?

I've been looking for a GH50L for almost two years now. I've never even seen a 100
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by jpatan
If you had a cab I'd say JSX all day long. But buying a cab would probably push you over budget... Unless you can find a good deal on a used cab. There's a guy on my local CL selling a JSX head for $600, but that doesn't leave a lot of cab money.

You could also look at the tube vypyr 60. 311 and a couple of the other GG&A regulars on here have them, and give them pretty good reviews.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
touche....

EDIT: Although combos are usually more expensive... plus 212 combos are such a PITA.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by DaysofGrace
Hey guys.

So, I've been playing on a Peavey Bandit 112 (Absolute WORST buy of my life) and it jsut decided to shit out on me. I'm sure it's fixable, but I think this is the best excuse to convince myself to get a new amp.

Anyway, I play a B. C. Rich Mockingbird Special X and I use a Digitech RP350 multi-effects pedal.
Not trying to stop you from buying a new amp, but I suggest you try this in the meantime. IIRC the Bandit has an FX. If so try plugging the RP350 into the FX return. If the Bandit's preamp took a s**t then it should work. And you might find it sounds better than it ever has. If it does sound better then you might consider a speaker upgrade.