Alright i want to start mixing and producing. I have a few questions and I'm hoping you guys can help clarify. First of all how do i record it? Do i mic guitar amps and bass amps? or do i plug the output from the amp into the interface and record like that? Additionally how would i record the drums? such as mic placement how many mics to use and if they go straight into the interface as a mono track, or if each drum is individual and need to be mixed together.Also do i have to record everything separately like drums then guitar vocals etc.? or is it all at the same time? If separately which order do i record in? Next, do you use a metronome while recording to make sure everything is perfectly on the BPM? and finally once everything is recorded how do i go about mixing everything? these questions may seem stupid and amateur but I'm just starting out with this any help would be very much appreciated.
Jaysus. Well, I'll let some of the more experienced guys take a whack at your other questions, because you're asking for a lot of info, here.

But as for this;

Next, do you use a metronome while recording to make sure everything is perfectly on the BPM?

While it's mostly preference, what I usually do is have the drummer (me) play to a click track, record it, and then use that for the rest of the band (also me) to play along to. I find it easier to match time with a drummer than I do with a metronome. YMMV.
NEVER take from the output of an amp to an interface -- TERRIBLE IDEA. Bad for the interface (MASSIVE overload), bad for the amp (NOT THE MATCHED LOAD).

First, there are numerous articles that will help you on this site. Mic the guitar and bass amps, there are literally a dozen ways to do this, close micing, mid distance, long, funnel, direct, offset, ect. those go to the interface. you can run from the LINE OUT of the amps to the interface, but this bypasses any tone from the cabinet, which is quite substanital.

As for drums, again dozens of different ways to do it -- read up. you SHOULD record everything separately so that it can be mixed later on.

YES, use a metronome, or make a scratch track. Your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) will allow you to mix everything.

Really you need to buy a book and read up on this stuff, there is FAR too much to discuss here. One of the MAJOR things you need for a good recording is an environment that will permit a good recording. You need a DEAD quiet place, you need quality mics and cables, you need a quality interface, and you need a computer that will handle this software without inducing latency. There are a dozen factors that come into play with a recording, mic placement to equipment -- you really need to read an in-depth article or book on the subject to really begin to understand all that goes into a good quality recording.

Hope I helped.
I strongly suggest you get a good book on the subject, that you can sit down and relax with in comfort and take in all the info at your own leisure. If not... well, I'm making no promises but if I can still be bothered in 45mins-an hour or so after eating and chilling out a bit, I may still be bothered to write a lengthy post answering those questions.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.