So I'm enjoying my new Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass but bought it with the intentions of slowly doing some mods. What would you guys as a good start for a mod? I'm new so something useful but easy would be good
I am always thinking about modding my squier, but since i like the sound, i wouldn't modify the pups nor the electronics, FOR NOW. I would upgrade the bridge, the nut or the tuners, but, still, these three parts work ok. that's why i haven't modified it, and save the money so i can buy a whole new bass that has better woods, so that i can modify in a better base.

The important question, though, would be: what would you expect to get of any of the modifying possible? more sustain? brigther, warmer sound? is there anything that you don't like about your bass rigth now?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Pickup series mod, out of phase, out of phase with series. Or filter switches, I did a .001 cap right from the pickup on my modded bronco for a low end cut, makes for a very nice tone, I also have a .1 cap on a switch made a high cut for vintage tones. both worked so nice I never touch my tone control, just keep it on bright.

Really though, series is probably the best mod. Pickups won't do much really comparatively, those squiers have nice pickups.
I say Askere's suggestions are good if you just want to experiment. Other than that, mods should be based on either aesthetics or utility: play it until you find what part of the bass is less than ideal, then mod that; continue to play until another imperfection becomes apparent and mod that; etc. Get a better nut if intonation can't be set properly by the bridge alone, get better tuners if it's going out of tune often, get a new pup if you hate the sound, but only do any of those things if they're fixing a problem you have.

If there's nothing you hate about playing the instrument, go for some cosmetic mods.

oh, and the obligatory strap locks. Strap locks are always worth it on every new bass.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I say Askere's suggestions are good if you just want to experiment. Other than that, mods should be based on either aesthetics or utility: play it until you find what part of the bass is less than ideal, then mod that; continue to play until another imperfection becomes apparent and mod that; etc. Get a better nut if intonation can't be set properly by the bridge alone, get better tuners if it's going out of tune often, get a new pup if you hate the sound, but only do any of those things if they're fixing a problem you have.

If there's nothing you hate about playing the instrument, go for some cosmetic mods.

oh, and the obligatory strap locks. Strap locks are always worth it on every new bass.

Yea bridge is least of your worries.

And don't forget strap locks can be made for less than a $1 by going to home depot and getting big washers with little holes, work with existing strap screws. Also comes with enough for like 2-4 guitars. Granted you can't remove the strap like with straplocks in a hurry.
A J-Retro active kit is fantastic especialy the mid sweep
www.east-uk.com/
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by clokwise
So I'm enjoying my new Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass but bought it with the intentions of slowly doing some mods. What would you guys as a good start for a mod? I'm new so something useful but easy would be good

Seriously?
If you have to ask for mod suggestions...
How 'bout learning to play first.
Quote by clokwise

Why do you want to modify it, what do you hope to achieve?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
It definitely is hard to uncover a down jacket should you will likely be earlier mentioned regular and seeking your longchamp sac accurate jacket for every time is more difficult as just about every and every garment has exclusive capabilities and by examining this article, a single unique will most likely have the opportunity to distinguish and identify the proper jacket to take a position in.1. Not all jackets are classified as the related and sporting the incorrect anyone will freeze your extremities and will cause frostbite, trench foot and hypothermia inside the stop. Jackets which Canada Goose Salg are for winter season is usually not acceptable for that incredibly hot summer season season months, as this would direct to hyperthermia or warmth exhaustion. To protect your self as well as your family members, it genuinely is admittedly essential to understand the suited down jacket for that season. Buying the ideal an individual could make your everyday living less difficult and happier.What might make paying for jackets fulfilling is going to be the reality that there's no reality in the declaring that "One dimension suits all." There are numerous jacket which might be mass create but not all appears to be the equivalent. You may find that some have different stitches and a few dimensions even though have the incredibly exact same size prepared on its lapel, in comparison physically, is just not comparable to the opposite. Discovering the best fitted Canada Goose Yorkville Parka menns hvit jacket can make sac longchamp pas cher you truly sense that you have completed some matter great.two. A lot of suppliers available specialize on jackets for a www.saclongchampipascher.com variety of seasons. You are going to discover jackets like overcoats,down www.canada-goose.com jackets, insulated, windbreaker and fleece which might be good for winter months. Producers like Columbia and Roxy gives superior high quality designed winter season jackets while Previous Navy denim jackets are fantastic for autumn or spring time. You may additionally take a look at on-line shops like Amazon to take a look at and assess prices. Anytime you are wanting for canada goose outlet for that wintertime contemplate the supplies use in addition to the attributes in the jacket. Jackets needs to be h2o resistant making sure that snow and rain will not likely penetrate inside of and moist your outfits and insulated or with thermal to maintain you heat and comfortable. Current development also may make it feasible for jackets infused with technological improvements like omni-shield fabric that helps prevent moisture and repels stains.three. Down jackets will also be vital throughout spring or summer months time time specially whenever you will be going hiking as this would protect against mosquitoes from biting you or for tree branches to chafe your skin. Denim jackets are ideal while you can clean and don it with out the need of anybody the wiser. Rates for that jackets also range around the provides use. Denim are the ones most widely use and that's why it truly is less costly in comparison to nylon or cardigan jackets. Wintertime jackets can also be further costly since it expend practically twice of that of the typical jacket as well as the functions like Omni-Shield or insulators that suppliers place into the product.four www.canadagoosevinter.com. A different detail to look at are going to be the match within the down jackets as this plays a vital purpose for the total convenience. What will help come up with a excellent match and exactly how does one go about assess the perfect match? Attempt the jacket by sporting it for your pair of minutes, turning close to in entrance through the mirror can be an excellent principle. The jacket have to not sensation way too tight. Nevertheless, allows you flexibility of movement without having acquiring browsing sluggish, when sporting it. The sleeves must not went via your wrist but easily reside approximately it Canada Goose menns Chateau Parka navy. Try several manufacturers like Carhartt Jacket prior to deciding to amass the 1 particular that tends to make you perception at residence.