Im looking to get a new tube amplifier, something that has good cleans and distortion with a bite. I like the tone of bands like alter bridge, breaking benjamin, three days grace, seether, and chevelle, so Im really looking for a modern hard rock tone. Cant spend more than $1500 and I would prefer to spend around $1000. Nothing more than 30 watts is preferable. Any suggestions?

Thanks
A Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier would probably interest you, check it out!
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
I would recommend taking a look at Blackstar amps, i love their products and have been able to pull out a variety of tones from them. For what your looking for, i think you could easily get that sound for a good price. I own a Blackstar HT50 Halfstack, which is killer, i got it for $1000... but they make great combo tube amps, ive played many of them. Look into the HT-Venue line of amps, i know they have a 20 watt, 40, and 60 watt combos. They also have a 20 watt head version which blew me away. Good luck!
One day there will be one of these threads sans Blackstar fanbois and I'm going to feint.

The Mini Rec is a good suggestion.

Another way to go would be to look for a used Ultra/XXX/JSX. Don't be so concerned about the power output. Better to have more than you need than less. The only time that you can maybe have too much power is on a non-MV amp and you won't be looking for anything like that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
A Dual Rectifier will nail the tone you want tone so hard.

Why do you need it to be under 30 watts? None of the bands you mentioned use power tube breakup. Which is the only point of having a low wattage amp. Besides breakup, all wattages of amps are pretty much about the same volume, to be honest.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Orange TH30 combo (even in the UK the cab prices are exorbitant).
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely have to check all these out. Offworld- I wanted a low wattage amp because I thought that it would be lower in volume but if thats not the case then I guess wattage is not an issue.
Well it is and it isn't - it depends on the amp, moreso than the wattage, usually. For all practical intents and purposes, wattage doesn't really matter. It's how fast and how much breakup you get that matters. And for what you want to play I definitely wouldn't recommend anything under 50W. Most "metal" amps are 100W+ anyway, so that kinda is just what it is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X