Hey guys.
I've been analyzing some modern rock songs to look at chord progressions as I've been teaching myself a bit of theory to help me with writing songs. Anyway not sure what key this song is in and I was wondering if someone could help me.
Here's the song in chord form

Intro:
|E5| E5| C5| G5|

Verse
|Db5 E5| C5 Gb5 G5|

Prechorus:
|A5 | C5 | A5 | C5|

Chorus:
|E5 C5 Db5 E5| C5 G5|

Bridge:
|F5| F5 | F#5 dim

Just to make sure. This is what I think a F#5 dim. I'm very new to THIS!
d|x
a|2
E|3

Incase your wondering the song is Silhouettic from Birds of Tokyo.

Thanks for your help
Thanks Alan.
Whats the relative major scale to E Minor? If there is one.
I don't really know much about minor scales or theory for that matter
a|2
E|3

That is a G on the E, and a B on the A. Making that a possible G major chord, just omitting the fifth which would be D.
F#dim would include F#, A, and C.
Quote by PunkRockerMatt
And I just looked at your profile! I live in Canberra too!!

What? How random! Are you in any bands locally?

There is a relative major, it's G major. But that really isn't relevant to your question....
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I was in a band called 'Black Squire' not that was nothing special. I'm now looking for a new band but also recording my own EP where I play on the instruments. What about you?
Quote by PunkRockerMatt
I was in a band called 'Black Squire' not that was nothing special. I'm now looking for a new band but also recording my own EP where I play on the instruments. What about you?

Yeah I play in a number of bands around town. Freyja's Rain, The Naughties, Dead Sea Rollers, Ultraviolet, Them As Well. I also was in the band for Ruth O'Brien's jazz/soul thing just this past weekend, and in Tara Favell's band for a multi-city tour launching her EP (Sydney, Melb, Canberra). I was also the lead guitarist for a Blues Brothers show called The Funky Bros. Going for an audition with Los Chavos next week.

So yeah, I get around
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Ok, so you have a killer MP3 of some band you have downloaded that you want to Jam to, or you have an amazing tab that you want to develop ideas from, or maybe even a piece of music that you want to work with.
Quote by PunkRockerMatt
Thanks Alan.
Whats the relative major scale to E Minor? If there is one.
I don't really know much about minor scales or theory for that matter

If you want to easily find out the relative major or minor of any scale, just go up/down a minor third (three half steps/frets). Just remember that there is a whole step between every two notes, except E/F and B/C. So G major's relative minor is E minor and E major's relative minor is C# minor.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by herrin
Ok, so you have a killer MP3 of some band you have downloaded that you want to Jam to, or you have an amazing tab that you want to develop ideas from, or maybe even a piece of music that you want to work with.

^I don't know if this is a real person or not.... If you are a real person what did this post have to do with anything?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.