I don't know if anyone came across this, but I was ready to buy a JVM410h head. For the past year or so it has costed $1999.99. Yesterday I see this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-jvm-series-jvm410h-100w-tube-guitar-amp-head

20% increase. Anyone know if there is a reason? Is Marshall up to something or are the middle-men trying to take us for more cash?
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Well, you know, you could sell me that Soloist in your sig for $400. Sounds like a win-win to me.
OT: The middle man has been pricing up lately. Quite a few Ibanez S's are selling for much more than they're probably worth. Like the "new" S470 is almost as much as the new 25th anniversary S's. Hate to have saved up for something only for it to be marked up again.
That's how they pay for the free shipping when gas is over $4/gal.

I saw a used one on GC for $1250 less than that. And I got mine used for a lot less than that a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Or check these out: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHJVM410H

BTW, Marshall is probably responsible. The price went up at Sweetwater, too, so Marshall most likely raised the street price (and probably the wholesale price, too).
Last edited by jetwash69 at Apr 4, 2012,
I called musiciansfriend and the bozo told me it might have been a promotion that ran out. I dug up my catalogs for the past 2 years (yes, I save them) and the price was $2200 in September of 2010 and then it fell to $2000 that Christmas and has been there since, until this week. He also said it could be Marshall making them charge more.

I just sent an email to Marshall, let's see what they say.
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
So what you are saying to me is that I picked the right time to build a Marshall rather than buying a reissue? Good to know.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
So what you are saying to me is that I picked the right time to build a Marshall rather than buying a reissue? Good to know.

Isn't that really any time, Cathbard?

EDIT: Pix or you're just yanking our chains...
Cool. So is that the "Marshall JTM45 clone" in the sig, or does the sig refer to another one without the X-tras?

And yes, it is too soon. Just like my daughter didn't appreciate it when I told her she can drum better than Jimmy Sullivan can...now.
No, the one in my sig is that one. It works, I was playing it just before. I just have it sitting on top of my Abbey gigging rig so I can patch it through the Quadraverb.. I'll take a photo.

So it's a working amp, just hasn't got a box around it yet.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
How about buying a used one?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
JVMs have been going up in price since they came out.

i got mine quite early on for £750 NEW! and now they go for about £1200-1500 its insane how much they have increased in a few years
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Yep, the first time the JVM came out you could get a new head for $1500 USD... I wanted one of those amps when I was blind about "everything Marshall is the best" but never got the money (hopefully). Now I got a superior amp and couldn't be happier . Anyway, I still want a Vintage Modern, I don't care if people says Splawn are better, the OD on the VM is delicioussssss!!!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Just talk them down in price. Don't pay full price ever, at least shoot for 5% minimum. They have the wiggle room built in.

In your case don't Pay more than 2k. Walk out of the store and try another.
Last edited by R45VT at Apr 4, 2012,
Yeah, I probably wouldn't pay 2 grand for a JVM to begin with, definitely wouldn't pay $2,400.

They're definitely not cracking into the used market by pulling this stunt either
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
who the heck would buy a jvm in the states?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Judging by the amount floating around cl quite a few people would
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That price is ridiculous, you can get a great boutique amp for that money...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
eBay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by R45VT
Just talk them down in price. Don't pay full price ever, at least shoot for 5% minimum. They have the wiggle room built in.

In your case don't Pay more than 2k. Walk out of the store and try another.

I walk out if I don't get at least 10% off anything. Of course at the lower price that was $1800, now they can leave it on their shelf for all I am concerned.
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Quote by Dave_Mc
who the heck would buy a jvm in the states?

Well, I did, but for $1K used when I got it +$369 for a 1960cab, it was a pretty good deal. The closest I've seen them go for in any condition is $1,150 for the head and $400 for the cab. And when I was checking the deal out back then, the cheapest used one I could find was around $1,600.

I get usuable tones out of mine, but I still like to color it with MFX. And the MFX is good enough that I only bother bringing it with me when it's convenient.

I don't regret it at all. It would be nice to have a Mesa Mark IV, too, but that wouldn't be as versatile for the way I use it. Maybe if I had about 5 or 6 of them, then I could get the same functionality out of it. Then again it would also be nice to have a Dumble, and a Diezel, and an Engl, and a Bogner, and a Splawn, and a...well, you get the idea.

I wouldn't have paid $1,100 for the JVM, and luckily, I didn't have to. If I hadn't come across that deal, I probably wouldn't have a half-stack. But maybe I would have picked up the Mark IV combo I came across a couple of months later. In retrospect I think I'm better off with the JVM for my purposes, though.

But those are the only two deals I've come across that were good enough to even seriously consider taking the plunge on--that's just where amps fit into my priorities...your mileage may vary.
^ oh yeah, i mean that's fair enough. i mean at this new price
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Some people really like their JVMs

And yes, some of those are in the States.

Splawn does it better.

no offense Jim.

Rest In Peace brother and thanks for everything you've done but Splawn does it better these days

Still, there would be no Splawn without Jim.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
So Marshall replied back telling me the street price has always been $2400, which just shows whoever wrote me back isn't really in touch with reality or the past 2 years worth of catalogs their dealers send out.

Anyway, I got a new JVM410h on Ebay for $1500 from a dealer in Toronto. I am sitting impatiently waiting for the UPS guy.
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live