Hey guys, I've been looking at different guitars lately and I have 2 weeks to make up my mind.

I have a $1100 budget.

I've looked at the ec-1000 fr (would buy it used but minty for 750)
Dean explosion 255 V
Esp m1000
and some jacksons

So far I really like the ec1000fr and the 255 V, I'm really leaning towards the 255 and 30w line 6 to go with it, what do you guys think? That combination and a simple wah pedal would get me going for some metallica and pantera.

Any input is appreciated

PS: I don't like ibanez
I'd spend less money on the guitar and more on the amp. Line 6 spiders (im assuming that's what you're thinking of) aren't that great.... will you be gigging?
get a jackson slsxmg soloist and arrange for a tube amp(laney lc15r) and a distortion pedal(boss ds2).....as far the wah goes....i recommend a dunlop 535q wah pedal......
Gear:-
ESP LTD M-50.
Roland Cube20XL.
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Classic 5-String.
Warwick BC-40 Bass Amp.
Morley Power Wah.
EHX Big Muff.
Nope, but getting anything greater than 30w is a problem due to weight, I'm having it shipped to venezuela and it will cost me FORTUNE if its 75w , do you have any suggestions?
dhruvd, I want a better guitar, I want an upgrade from my dean, not another $300 guitar that makes me envy pretty much everything else
the laney is 15 watt
ESP LTD M-50.
Roland Cube20XL.
Warwick BC-40 Bass Amp.
Morley Power Wah.
EHX Big Muff.
Oh I just looked at that guitar, it's actually pretty nice, what about the amp though, isn't that kinda cheap? I only thought of the spider because I played some metal on my friend's spider and it sounded pretty great
THAT amp is nice sounding AND versatile...Can do metal very well.......but i do recommend you take good care coz ive heard Laney amps' circuits frying....whatever saying d amp has good tone....laneys are very nice..
ESP LTD M-50.
Roland Cube20XL.
Warwick BC-40 Bass Amp.
Morley Power Wah.
EHX Big Muff.
Jackson Soloist + blackstar ht20 = win in my book.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
If YOU like the Line 6, that's what you should get, but it's likely that as you gain more experience that you will like it...less...

Remember, an average guitar through a great amp can sound great, but no guitar can make a crap amp sound good...

It is the opinion of many (and I'm one) that the amp provides the lion's share of tone.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin

seriously, though, probably the 6505+ 112 combo and then whatever you have left on a decent guitar. LTD 400 series or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

seriously, though, probably the 6505+ 112 combo and then whatever you have left on a decent guitar. LTD 400 series or something like that.

This. I wish I spent more on my amp than I did, and less on my guitar.
Guitars
LTD EC-1000 vb
Ibanez RG7321

Amp/Modeler
Line 6 POD HD500

Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Well, since he's shipping the amp to Venezuela he probably can't get a Peavey 6505... those things are damn heavy!

But, if its possible, I highly recommend the 6505 as well.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by Vecheka at Apr 4, 2012,
A decent 1x12 tube combo is going to weigh 40-50lbs, so shipping is going to expensive no matter what.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Guys thanks so much for your opinion, I'll get these two monsters; the ec-1000 fr and then then 6505+ 112, I'll just have to wait a couple of months to buy the amp, but that way I won't regret not getting the best I could afford.

thanks guys
Quote by delox
Guys thanks so much for your opinion, I'll get these two monsters; the ec-1000 fr and then then 6505+ 112, I'll just have to wait a couple of months to buy the amp, but that way I won't regret not getting the best I could afford.

thanks guys

Wise decision and one you will not regret.

I expect a NGD and a NAD thread when you get the guitar and amp respectively...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by PsiGuy60
Jackson Soloist + blackstar ht20 = win in my book.

I'm agreeing with this guy.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by delox

thanks guys

Man, I didn't think 1100 would get you both of those pieces of equipment, but I haven't looked at the conversion rates recently either.

I think you'll be very pleased with the Peavey. There are many videos on youtube of people showing off the 6505, and you could even poke around my channel to see what the Peavey sounds like in certain songs. Obviously my playing isn't great (and I make no claims to be a tone aficionado), but it might at least give you some idea.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by delox
Hey guys, I've been looking at different guitars lately and I have 2 weeks to make up my mind.

I have a $1100 budget.

I've looked at the ec-1000 fr (would buy it used but minty for 750)
Dean explosion 255 V
Esp m1000
and some jacksons

So far I really like the ec1000fr and the 255 V, I'm really leaning towards the 255 and 30w line 6 to go with it, what do you guys think? That combination and a simple wah pedal would get me going for some metallica and pantera.

Any input is appreciated

PS: I don't like ibanez

Peavey 6505 Plus 112 Combo. Best combo for the most kinds of metal!!
Satan laughes as you eternaly rott
Quote by delox

thanks guys

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?