Page 1 of 3
Amazing movie!! did u all like it? it was pretty intense for a pg-13 movie, i thought best movie of the year
Gaaaaaaaaaaay
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
The movie made a lot of money and was based on an existing series. That's two reasons why no one here will admit to liking it.
Last edited by Jackintehbox at Apr 4, 2012,
I started reading the first book last year, didn't get very far into it.
i saw the movie today......meh....it was okay
Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

OFFICIALLY A 'BEAUTIFUL PERSON'
I thought this thread was about games where you have to raise, feed and take care of some pet. I was very disappointed.
I know nothing about it beyond it's apparently kinda similar to Battle Royale, with some sort of romance plot as well?

From what I've been told the romance sub-plot mirrors that of Kawada/Keiko in Battle Royale.

I don't know though, I've neither seen it or read the book, this is purely what I've heard.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It's a Battle Royale (a brilliant work) rip-off mixed with a corny, Twilight-esque romance.

It's utter crap.

EDIT:

F***ing copycats...

The Hunger Games? More like The Fatness Games.

Cleaning society since 1999.

My thoughts exactly.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Apr 4, 2012,
I've never seen it, but since the discussion in here seems to be about Battle Royale anyway, I like Battle Royale. The book is far superior to the film. I've never read the manga and I don't intend to.
I expected a Biggest Loser-type competition. It wasn't like that at all. Shit movie.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Are you serious? I went to the movie without reading the book and they left out so much shit. My sister read all 3 and had to explain for like 30 mins after we watched it. Overhyped and overrated.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
haven't seen it yet. doesn't really interest me, and i don't care if it's a "rip off" of Battle Royal, there's lots of movies with almost identical plots
Quote by GibsonMan321
Are you serious? I went to the movie without reading the book and they left out so much shit. My sister read all 3 and had to explain for like 30 mins after we watched it. Overhyped and overrated.

Man, you must be incredibly dense. I saw it without reading any of the books, and I kept up just fine. It's tweenie movie, it's not like there was a set of hugely intertwined subplots. I just can't see how you could get lost in a movie like that.

And I can't quite see how anyone could think Jennifer Lawrence is fat. That's just plain ridiculous. I'd throw my dick in her.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
I've read the big and I really really like it. But I don't have high hopes for the movie because if it's PG-13 rating.

That said, comparing it to Battle Royal is fine, but comparing it to Twilight is nonsense. People just say that because teenage girls happen to make up most of the fan base for both of them.
Quote by wyldething
And I can't quite see how anyone could think Jennifer Lawrence is fat. That's just plain ridiculous. I'd throw my dick in her.

If you're referring to the blog post i quoted, you missed the point. They were calling Suzanne Collins fat.
Not Jennifer Lawrence (who is pretty hot, btw).

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
That said, comparing it to Battle Royal is fine, but comparing it to Twilight is nonsense. People just say that because teenage girls happen to make up most of the fan base for both of them.

Nope, the romance in The Hunger Games is precisely the same kind of sappy, vomit-inducing romance in Twilight.

It's not a comparison between the two movies. It's a comparison between the type of romance portrayed, which is similar in this case.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Apr 4, 2012,
I liked it.

I honestly don't see the comparison to Twilight at all.

And who the **** cares if it is similar to Battle Royale?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Point #4 all up in this bitch http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common-movie-arguments-that-are-always-wrong/

I really doubt the people comparing it to Battle Royal have read past the first book, and comparing it to Twilight is just ridiculous

I've read all the books and I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I don't see how they're going to be able to keep the teenage girl audience in the next two films without really watering down the story. I hope they'll just make it as dark as the books but I doubt it.

Last edited by Gerard_xD at Apr 4, 2012,
Would have been better if it were a 15 - that concept has far too much potential to limit it to a 12A. However, I watched Battle Royale after that - preferred it to Hunger Games. The "romance" was fairly unnecessary too - presumably put in there for the Hollywood audience who can't have a film without a romance.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Didn't really do much for me. It dragged on. I happily missed the ending and there was no craving to find out what happened at the end.
i read the book

it was alright
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Linkerman
Nope, the romance in The Hunger Games is precisely the same kind of sappy, vomit-inducing romance in Twilight.

It's not a comparison between the two movies. It's a comparison between the type of romance portrayed, which is similar in this case.

Perhaps it's just the movie that made it like that? The book didn't come off to me that way at all. The Twilight romance is horrible because we don't feel it. It's like the writers just decided "Oh. And they're in love. For some reason. Just because. But make sure our actors don't know how to portray that." The Hunger Games (the book anyway) did not give me that feeling at all.
Quote by wyldething
Man, you must be incredibly dense. I saw it without reading any of the books, and I kept up just fine. It's tweenie movie, it's not like there was a set of hugely intertwined subplots. I just can't see how you could get lost in a movie like that.

I don't think he was saying the movie was confusing. I think he was just saying it cut out a lot of the book. But, that should be expected when you turn a ~370 page book into a 2 hour movie.
When I see so many prattling on about the 'romance' in Hunger Games it makes me wonder if they actually saw the movie?

There was NO romance, there was a sham relationship because it was necessary for gullible people to THINK there was a romance in order for them to get what they needed to stay alive. Apparently not all the gullible people were inside the screen...

I enjoyed it, and thought it remained more true to the book than most.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by WCPhils
I liked it.

Same. I went in to the theater with a few friends knowing nothing about it. It was a pretty good movie if a bit slow at parts. Also, Lenny Kravitz.
Quote by Arby911
When I see so many prattling on about the 'romance' in Hunger Games it makes me wonder if they actually saw the movie?

There was NO romance, there was a sham relationship because it was necessary for gullible people to THINK there was a romance in order for them to get what they needed to stay alive. Apparently not all the gullible people were inside the screen...

Yea, that's what I thought too. Honestly, I thought there were going to be a lot of stupid "twilight esque" moments, but there weren't any as far as I am concerned.

And who cares if it didn't "go far enough" in terms of violence. It's a ****ing children's/young adult book. They aren't going to make it rated R and lose almost all of the intended audience.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Arby911

Having not seen the movie yet, I'm glad to hear they didn't turn the "romance" into something it wasn't and that the people comparing it to Twilight are full of crap.
Read the books, they were decent. Nothing to write home about, but entertaining enough that I continued to read the series. I may watch the movies at some point but I'm not rushing out to see it or anything
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
I've only read in the news that this movie is "better than Twilight" and if you must already compare a movie to Twilight it's probably bad... So I don't really care about this movie at all, not to mention it's idiotic, unbelievable story line...

If in a year or 2 it will be in the tv I might check it out, other than that.. pfff
My friend gave me a copy of the first one that she found on the floor of the girls locker room and I tried to read a few pages and it was alright but it was pretty bland. I mean, I've definitely read worse books, but still it didn't really have anything that made me go WOW LET ME READ MORE OF THIS RIGHT AWAY IT'S SO NICE it was just more like okay. Yeah. I guess that's a thing. Oh, that was alright. I wonder if we have any bagels left in the pantry.
All I know about the hunger games is that teenage girls and my best friend reads them.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I don't think the people who are comparing it to Twilight have read both series.

I really love the book series and really enjoyed the movie.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by crazy8rgood
My friend gave me a copy of the first one that she found on the floor of the girls locker room and I tried to read a few pages and it was alright but it was pretty bland. I mean, I've definitely read worse books, but still it didn't really have anything that made me go WOW LET ME READ MORE OF THIS RIGHT AWAY IT'S SO NICE it was just more like okay. Yeah. I guess that's a thing. Oh, that was alright. I wonder if we have any bagels left in the pantry.

You judged a ~370 page book by reading a few pages. Do you turn off movies and call them boring if they don't get exciting within about a minute and a half?
I went to the cinema very skeptical bu I actually liked it! Especially at the beginning where they have to go to the picking, you can feel the tension.
That said as soon as the love story was involved I liked it less, it was a bit unclear. Did she kiss him because it was good for them both or because she really liked him? Later on it becomes a bit more clear that she doesn't really want to be with him (i think? Going to read the books next week) But it's all a little confusing. Probally better explained in the books.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I've only read the first book. Enjoyed that greatly and I loved the movie. Definitely one of the bests I've seen so far this year.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by wyldething

Fat? I googled the skinny chick and this is what I got.

Good god that's another reason why I enjoyed the movie. I love Jennifer Lawrence so much.
Sail upon the open skies
Yea, she wasn't too bad on the eyes....
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils
I liked it.

I haven't seen it, but I agree with this.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 3