Bedroom guitar wannabe here! I have a Peavey 6505+ 112, a MXR 10 band EQ and an isp Decimator. Are these supposed to be used through the effects loop or through the input where the guitar goes?
The ISP should probably be in the loop, or the 4-cable method outlined in the manual. The EQ can go wherever you want. It will sound different depending on where it is.
10 band in the loop for best results imo.

If you want to get rid of feedback, run the ISP in front of the amp. If you want to get rid of amp hiss, run it in the loop.
I prefer to use my EQ pedal in the front. The only time I put it in the loop is when I have a long signal chain that I want to fine tune, or when I'm playing something requires a solo boost.

I like having it nearby to shape my tone radically in the middle of a song.
Running the MXR 10 band in the loop let's you use the EQ's volume slider as a master volume.
i'd say it's up to you regarding both of them. wherever they work better
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IMO, if you want to change your guitar's sound, EQ in front. If you want to change your amp sound or your overall sound, in the loop.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo