I am thinking of routing my strat to accomadate a humbucker; mainly for a fatter, warmer tone (and also I find that the strat's bridge pickup can be a bit harsh)

I mainly play Rock, Blues, Funk and various other sub-genres of these.

Which of the two pickups would you reccommend?

Thanks
For those genres The Mule would work better since it's lower output and you don't need too much output for those genres. A humbucker-sized P90 might also be a good idea, it will sound fatter and warmer while still retaining the "Strattiness".

BTW what kind of Strat is it and what amp are you playing through?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
For those genres The Mule would work better since it's lower output and you don't need too much output for those genres. A humbucker-sized P90 might also be a good idea, it will sound fatter and warmer while still retaining the "Strattiness".

Agreed.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JesusCrisp

Hi there, its just a mexican standard running into a Vox AC15.

Thanks
A Super Distortion may be a bit too much for the job, they're used mostly for metal and shred.
A The Mule, however, will work just fine.

I also quite like the idea of the humbucker-sized P90. Then again, if you still have to route it, you might as well go for a regular P90...
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
A regular P-90 wouldn't be a good idea since you'd also have to move the volume control.

I wouldn't go for either the Mule or Super Distortion. Want fattness? Get yourself a SD Little 59. Smoother and warmer than any single coil, hugely versatile and you won't need to re-route the guitar to fit it. If you want a really, really fat tone, try a DiMarzio Tone Zone S. Again, no need to route or change picguard, high (but not too high) output and a very thick and smooth tone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i agree with whats been said. I have a strat with a super distortion in it. It sounds great for distortion stuff but takes away from the great clean tones that strats are known for. So, i would not recommend the super distortion for your style of music.
I may be wrong, but I thought the MIMs were routed HSH. So you'd only need a new pickguard...

Personally I'd go for the mule. But seeing as I have a BKP abraxas set in one of my guitars (which is essential a slightly overwound mule) that's not all that suprising. Comparing that to the super distortion is a bit odd though. The mule is basically BKP's take on a classic PAF, whereas I think the super distortion is a lot hotter, different tone, magnets - basically aimed at completely different things.
Adam