Hi guys,

I just recorded my fav song from the Earthling album. You can listen to it here:

http://soundcloud.com/harpo777/david-bowie-im-afraid-of

All comments are welcome, I really need feedback on the recording quality. C4C!
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
Carvin DC 727 Custom w/ Bare Knuckle Pickups
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
BM 2x12" Celestion Vintage30 Custom cab
Line6 POD x3 Live
Behringer V-Tone GMX210, lol.

www.serpentia.pl
www.soundcloud.com/harpo777
I really like it! I was disappointed when vocals didn't come in, but that's just because it made me expect to hear David Bowie's voice. It's really groovy.
Man that's awesome! What did you use for the Bass guitar?

Crap it sounds amazing actually, all it needs is vocals like that dude above said!

C4C if you have the time dude:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1530423

Edit: Also, if you could give me some tips on getting such an awesome mix? I genuinely think that if your track had vocals it would sound BETTER than the original.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Apr 6, 2012,
Thanks guys!

I cant sing so I didnt want to ruin this cover with my vocals, heh.

Anyway;
I use Superior Drummer 2.0 for my drums - always using multiple channel output and tweaking a lot with the base and snare. I tend to humanize the midi parts by changing the velocity manually.

For the base and synth sounds I used Halion Sonic that came with my Cubase Artist 6. Halion's got lots of great presets and with a little bit of tweaking you can get suprisingly good results (I love the sax sounds!!!)

Guitars were recorded on a Parker Nitefly M with LePou free VST plugins. Really good stuff! I used his LeCab for Impulses (2 impulses on guitar track/ 2 tracks panned 100% L/R)

The noise is made of various plugins (GGrain) and samples (I make a sample library for my own use, it sonsist mostly of free .wav files from the net).

If you liked that cover then take a look at my NIN - Wretched remix:

http://soundcloud.com/harpo777/nine-inch-nails-wretched-cover

Thanks again! Cheers
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
Line6 POD x3 Live

www.serpentia.pl
Jesus this was awesome! Hell you remixed the shit out of that song. I loved everything you did man, that was a pure joy to listen to. I understand you not wanting to "ruin" it with vocals but that would have been the only way to make this more kick ass. Maybe you should send it into Bowie and see if he'll record the vocals himself hahaha. Or try and edit them in yourself, that could always be interesting. Extremely well done though man! Keep up the hard work. If you wouldnt mind doing a C4C I'd really appreciate your opinion on any of the covers I've done. I'll post a link below
Cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/user/NumbAsAStatue27/videos
Thanks again for your kind words!

Vocals would contribute a lot to this remix so I wonder if I could find volunteers for a little international side-project? This cover is not finished yet so when I finish it (with the last verse and the final chorus/brek etc) I'll post it somewhere on this forum (probably the vocal page) and maybe someone will record vocals for me (i'll take care of the mix/master)

@rollingstones
I'm really surprised by the quality of the recordings - please post what equipment (cam model/mic) you use. Is that an Ibanez guitar? Anyway; great playing, I'm gonna subscribe
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
Line6 POD x3 Live

www.serpentia.pl
^Man, I wish I could do this song justice vocally, all I can do is wish you luck!
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
I just posted the entire song - it uses the same link as the previous one:

http://soundcloud.com/harpo777/david-bowie-im-afraid-of

Now the songs complete!!! )) Feedback is really needed and it's C4C as always!
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
Line6 POD x3 Live

www.serpentia.pl
Hey thanks a lot man! It means a lot to me that you actually subscribed to my channel and liked the videos. Gives me a reason to keep going. I'd love to tell you I have a some fancy setup for recording but I do everything with my iPhone. I use the front camera for the video and the mic on the phone for recording. I know its not the best set up in the world but 1. it's all I can afford at the moment and 2. I have alot to learn about properly mixing/editing my tracks and recording. I'm hoping to get better soon but im by no means skilled with computers so it's an uphill battle for me. And yes thats an Ibanez guitar, it's part of the Exotic Wood series and its code is EW20ASENT. That guitar is my pride and joy. Thanks once again though man!
Cheers
P.S: Love the track now that you've filled in all the missing peices. Sounds just as bad ass as before, if not better! You should post a link in here when and if you decide to do a vocal competetion for it. I think that could turn out really interesting, im glad you liked the idea