tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Ok so that is a bold statement but its true. I have literally just walked out of the studio and completed my debut solo ep.

Its here: www.facebook.com/dirtyworksmusic

Crit any track you like and I will crit yours tomorrow!

Many thanks

T
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Twisted Mr
Amateur Bassist
17 IQ
I really like it! Pretty cool how you named your songs CTRL, ALT and Delete. In all honestly it sounds like something that would have high play counts on my iTunes haha.
Also, your voice has a very nice sound to it.
aaron aardvark
4,896 IQ
toby,
Thanks for the review! "CTRL": this is quality stuff! Has kind of a 90's sound (fine by me), the guitars remind me of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", yet still different. I could do without the F-bombs, but otherwise everything sounds great! I think it's radio worthy. "ALT": reminds me of a more energetic Cure. Audio quality is rather good once again. This song is good, good playing, though I like "CTRL" better. Very good songs!
tottsk1
729 IQ
I listened to CTRL , and maybe if its not my favorite type of music it was really nice. You have a really good voice, perfect for this type of music. I also really liked the lead main riff a lot. The song remineded me of this typical 90's UK band mixed with modern band like Foo Fighters and Rise Against. Would be nice with some sort of heavier part after the calm part at ~3:00. It would be really nice with some heavy guitars after calm part because it would build up really well.
Solid track overall, could be a bit more dynamic to give it some depth though. 8/10
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Cheers guys! Im a huge 90's ALT Rock fan so I guess that comes across in the sound. Many thanks though appreciate it!
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
HOBGUK
HOUSE OF BROKEN GLASS
245 IQ
CTRL:

MaTe them vocals are proper good. Reminds me of Incubus crossed with glassjaw. The Chorus sounds real refreshing and the vocal hook adds to it very well.
Sounds even better that the chorus comes in after such a high end melody in the verse.
The over all production sounds really good and clean. The snare could to with a tiny bit of reverb on it and a bit more 'attack'.
But over all its a great, radio friendly rock song and nothing drowns any other sounds so you really get to hear all aspects of the songs,

Good tracks pal. Keep it up!
cammo_1234
UG Newbie
441 IQ
Mate solid stuff! Good singers are hard to find on here, but i'm diggin your voice. Like HOBGUK i'm getting incubus vibes from it. Great production quality there, and the song is very radio friendly. Have you got a band or did you play everything on the ep?

Very cool! check out my demo if you get a chance,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521141
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Arby77
158 IQ
Thanks for the crit. Going to crit these as I go as well, keep in mind some of it is probably based on my own taste as well.

Crtl, Creative, memorable lead riff. I could probably do with just 2 times to start so it doesn't feel too repetitive. The vocals were a tad bit pop sounding for me if that makes sense, but thats just my taste. Well produced and mixed. Vocals are very on pitch and clear so you have that going. Although the chorus melody could have been a bit catchier or more memorable, didn't seem to have that hook. Love the break down type thing with the soft guitars, vocals definitely work best here. Like the bend upward in the vocals back into the chorus. Lyrics are nice, although sometimes I miss a few words but they don't sound like typical lyrics you hear in unsigned bands which is a very good thing. Overall certainly has some good potential.

Alt, The lead riff and vocals competed for my attention. You had quicker singing with some sort of second distorted vocal which sounded cool. The chorus is much more what I was hoping for in the last one. Awesome catchy riff after chorus. Although once again the vocals do have that my chemical romance or punk sound which I am just not a fan of, I was waiting for more cage the elephant style vocals but even though it's not my style, still thought the way they were executed was pretty damn good, writing, style, mix, etc. The solo was tight and well played, however being from the U.S. I also here this "classic rock" and "Bluesy" type solo which I get tired of just like you are tired of dub step cross over. For what it is, its well done but I feel as though it has been done many times before, once again just my taste. Never been a huge classic rock fan so that could be why. Break down was cool, liked the feedback and how the song just broke down to drums.

That's all I have time for at the moment. I'll try to get back to "delete" later. Thanks for the crit.
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
All appreciated guys! Anyone else? Will Crit asap to any music!

Cheers

T
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Splitvision
155 IQ
Listened to CTRS and ALT. Pretty cool stuff! I liked the vocals a lot. Also there were many small details here and there in the songs that made them interesting dynamically. Riffs felt pretty original aswell. Combined with the good recording and mixing, this is quite enjoyable!

Would love some feedback on my stuff:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1532343
Jonathan Trejo
ZeBlaZeD
1,438 IQ
Thnx for the crit on my album

Listening to CTRL

Strong intro your vocals reminded me of Incubus. Around 58 seconds your vocals got quiet and underpowered the guitars. I would suggest fixing the mix so the vocals are more prominent. 1:37 the vocals have better audio levels I just wish that this would carry out thru the whole song.

I would add more double bass to the drums. I like how you faded away @ 2:50 and brought up the vocals again like a roller coaster. But when it was time to explode The chorus I heard wasn't as powerful as the build up.

Overall I enjoyed listening to this.
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Maggot66
Forward Unto Dawn
1,317 IQ
This is actually awesome. Your song titles caught my attention right away, then it was all gold from there. For the type of music this is, it's high grade. Definitely keep up the good work, sir! You have a great voice.

My only thing is there are a couple mixing things that could probably be tweaked so the vocals shine through more nicely. I would also add some more bass to the drum kick, but that's just a personal preference and my opinion.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476976

If you wanna check mine out.
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Thanks to all the constructive criticism. I will be back online later to Crit more and those above to whom I still havent done also. Anymore takers I have another day off tomorrow so get on it!
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
the_weirdoman
MIDI Drum Masochist
505 IQ
Great work on the song titles ! Interspersing humour with your music is a really good way to catch peoples eyes

Loving the whole alt rock vibe, not really my thing but this stuff is catchy as hell, however I think you could up the vocals a bit in the mix and also add some bass to the kick drum, guitar tones sound good tho...if you dont mind sharing ure rig setup please do !

C4C ?
http://soundcloud.com/clockwork-convulations/destroy-to-assimilate-almost

Still a rough demo so prod qual is low
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Will get round to critting all those who I havent already tomorrow at some point. I havent forgotten you all dont worry!
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Poisonouspot
Tab Contributor
3,636 IQ
CTRL is great, it has a very catchy riff, the bass tone is really awesome, the singing is good, where can i get your music? is it on iTunes?
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Not yet but it will be soon! If you give the page a like and comment with your email addy or something I will let you know when it is available. Setting up a mailing list soon.

Thanks man!

T
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Poisonouspot
Tab Contributor
3,636 IQ
ALT sounds very punk rock like, its really good, love the british accent!
pmeg568c
UG Spammer
5,502 IQ
delete: cool intro riff, good guitar tone, good everything tone really. definitely real catchy. sounds like a better white stripes. not something i'm super into but everything about it is pretty well done. song structures are good. can't really think of anything negative haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
olliewoodwright
128 IQ
Listening to CTRL:
You've got some great melodies. They are unpredictable and creative yet strangely catchy. There's a strong voice there too, which pulls it all off really well.
Nice guitar hooks and subtle rhythmic variations in the versus which give good space for the vocal.

I like how you manage to go from heavier, high-octane stuff to the more laid-back sound of Promises. Good attitude in the songs and it all sounds very sincere.
Well done!
aviy818
127 IQ
CTRL has a lovely feel to it, the tones are very professional and the vocals, my favorite part, come off as very authentic.
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
Cheers guys, you got anything I can crit or was that just out of the goodness of your hearts?

T
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified
135 IQ
My first thoughts on CTRL were something along the lines of:

'Hey, this is like a slightly heavier, better produced version of Boy Kill Boy (circa Citizen)'.

Which is a good thing. I really like that main riff, it's catchy without sounding the same as every other catchy pop-punk/rock (whatever) hook.

Really like ALT, too. It's a lovely blend of softness and punk which I really appreciate.

In all, this is some really good stuff, well done.

You've earned yourself another like.
tobythechimp
2,365 IQ
*Bump* Kind of bored atm so can crit anyone who crits me....
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy