I'm getting 600 back from taxes and i need a new amp. also i have graduation coming up so if you can think of an amp slightly more expensive( maybe up to 1000) you should mention it. I play metal like Iron Maiden , Death , Megadeth , 80s shred/ neoclassical.
I need to be able to do at least small gigs with it as well. Right now I have a 30 watt vypr
and i don't think that would cut it.
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
Marshall Valvestate 8100 is what id suggest to you because Im grabbing one of them soon because im looking to get an amp too that can get me the exact same sound you seem to looking for, and it seems to fit the bill pretty well since Megadeth/Death/Maiden all use Marshalls too. Death actually used this exact model too lol You can snag one used from Guitar Center from around $150-350 too. Good amp for the price from what ive seen. Good luck in what amp you do decide to get. Oh and awesome sig \m/
^Valvestate 8100 would be perfect for the Death stuff but not for anything else he listed.

Look into a Jet City JCA5012c, or if you are willing to spend more cash a JCA50h/100h and a decent 2x12. That would nail especially the 80's stuff perfectly.
You could score a Marshall DSL100 head & a 1960 cab on Craigslist for $1000.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, to start, are you looking for a combo amp or an amp head? I have a JCA20H from Jet City which I picked up for cheap. It's a great amp head and if you get a decent tubescreamer type overdrive, like a Bad Monkey, you could play over a drummer. Remember that a 20w solid state will be, in general, quiter than a 20w tube amp. I'm running a Marshall 1922 for the cab and Eminence Governors for speakers and it keeps up with a drummer.

EDIT: Removed pricing and purchase location as I forget I'm in New Zealand sometimes.
Last edited by MetalSlvg at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by MetalSlvg
Well, to start, are you looking for a combo amp or an amp head? I have a JCA20H from Jet City which I picked up for cheap. It's a great amp head and if you get a decent tubescreamer type overdrive, like a Bad Monkey, you could play over a drummer. Remember that a 20w solid state will be, in general, quiter than a 20w tube amp. I'm running a Marshall 1922 for the cab and Eminence Governors for speakers and it keeps up with a drummer.
A JCA20h is not good for any metal in the slightest. Even with a boost it just doesn't sound right; It doesn't have the proper voicing. Same with the Peavey Classic 30, they're not metal amps and won't work.

Plus he can get far better with a budget of $600 (or $1000).
WHATT???
$600, amp, and metal were all in the same sentence and the 6505 wasn't mentioned? A first around these parts.
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz
Quote by clevelandcavs22
WHATT???
$600, amp, and metal were all in the same sentence and the 6505 wasn't mentioned? A first around these parts.

Thinking the exact same thing. In all reality though, look for a 6505 or XXX or if you have enough a JSX. A JSX might be great.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Carvin v3m.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)