Hi everyone,

I've posted a couple of instrumentals up here over the last couple of months. I've been experimenting with different things trying to find my sound. I've found everyone's feedback really helpful and would really appreciate any comments on this recording

With this track I used EZdrummer for the first time, I was really pleased with how easy it was to use, and I'm really excited by all the huge possibilities it gives me for recordings in the future - have lot of rough song recordings that I've never been able to use drums with before.

Song idea started with the opening riff, once I had that recorded I got a clear structure and feel for what I wanted to try to do with track, and what I wanted the end product to be like, which is unusual for me - usually just layer tracks with no idea what I want the end product to be. I also went back and added bass and drums to the clean section after I'd finished the first recording (again, not something I'd usually do), and I think they've really added lot of life to those parts.

Anyway I'm rambling on! Please let me know any comments you have on the track

http://soundcloud.com/iamnotlost/entropy
The bass could be a bit higher on the mix and imo the drums should not be that agressive...But overall I really enjoyed the song!
Nice work man, sounds good. If you want a bigger sound I suggest adding more instruments (derp). I always love the way adding Organs, Synths, and Brass sections at parts to make stuff sound immense. And I just use guitar pro for that too. It helps spice up instrumental tracks as well. Anyway im also rambling, good luck and such
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
Nice work man, sounds good. If you want a bigger sound I suggest adding more instruments (derp). I always love the way adding Organs, Synths, and Brass sections at parts to make stuff sound immense. And I just use guitar pro for that too. It helps spice up instrumental tracks as well. Anyway im also rambling, good luck and such

That^
You could add some Hammond organ, Rhodes, Wurlitzer...Some wind instruments are also good for those "peaceful" moments...
Hey thanks for comments, really good suggestion with extra instruments, I used a keyboard in previous track to beef out clean parts, could definitely see working on track like this too, I think particulary in the second verse section, to add bit more colour an organ or strings would definitely do the trick. Thanks for suggestion, I'm glad you enjoyed track
I really like it! The guitars are awesome, even on the tracks Peace and Saturday. If you want a bigger sound, probably mix the bass better and record with a real drum kit, I've used EZdrummer, it's good but sounds artificial and takes away a bit of the fullness to it. Really good though!
I followed you on soundcloud! Cheers
Good work, tracks sound fine, not much needed here, the way I try getting a "bigger sound" at least for me, is recording all my guitars in stereo unless I am looking for a special sound in mono, even then, I like to double all my tracks for a "wider" sound if that is what you are after, I have a tune posted here for some review ... feel free if time permits!! Keep the good work!! Peace

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1531312

http://soundcloud.com/nutritiousdreams/groove-eternal
Last edited by Ozric at Apr 6, 2012,