Club
3 2%
Both
23 18%
Neither
12 10%
Voters: 125.
Page 1 of 2
I'm having this conversation with my friend on which he doesn't understand why I hate clubs.
Generally I don't like dancing to music I don't like with a bunch of sweaty guys and not being able to have a decent conversation.
I prefer sitting down with a drink in hand, chatting and maybe playing some pool.

So Pit which do you prefer, going to a pub or to a club?
Quote by postmortem2006

One time I was getting head from my (now ex) girlfriend, I blew my load in her mouth and she spat it back in my face. Seriously.

Pub. Alone in the corner.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Pub, though we don't really have them here in 'Murica.
Check out my band Disturbed
i'll do either but i prefer the club, better chances of getting laid
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Both - bar beforehand to drink, then onto a club. Alternatively drink at home then go straight to a club - much cheaper.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Doesn't it really just equate to a bar?

Not really.
Quote by StewieSwan
Not really.

What's the difference between a bar and a pub?
Quote by postmortem2006

One time I was getting head from my (now ex) girlfriend, I blew my load in her mouth and she spat it back in my face. Seriously.

I'm cool with either but I usually would just rather go to a bar. Cheaper and more chilled. Easier to hear people and actually have a conversation.
i like going to Dive Bars

cheaper drinks, friendlier crowd, jukebox is cheap and not overly loud so you can have a conversation.

A lot of my bars/pubs in my area have sleek inside with blaring music and expensive drafts (4 bucks for Yuengling) I think they are meant to attract the idiotic college crowd
Quote by MenziesC
What's the difference between a bar and a pub?

From what I understand, pubs have a more intimate, quiet atmosphere and they serve food. There ARE pubs in the USA, but they're just uncommon.
Quote by championguitar
i'll do either but i prefer the club, better chances of getting laid

Boom, can't believe this is the only person to have mentioned this really obvious fact; you can drink in both a pub and a club, but let's face it, you can dance and get some poon in a club as well
pub/bar for sure. I hate pop/dance music so I avoid clubs like the plague.
I Like Green!
Quote by gman128
Boom, can't believe this is the only person to have mentioned this really obvious fact; you can drink in both a pub and a club, but let's face it, you can dance and get some poon in a club as well

But once I hit 14 I was less obsessed with ****ing drunk chicks because it was the only method of getting laid

Clubs are shit anyway. Pubs are awesome.
Most of the ones in my town have an open top upstairs smoking area to sit and chill, and some good size pool tables downstairs.
Pub, dammit.

A few proper pints, a nice sit down with some music on quiet enough for a decent chat with your mates.

Easily beats expensive, shitty drinks, terrible music too loud to hear yourself think, and everyone getting smashed.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by gman128

You can sit and have conversations and enjoy people's company in a bar. You can't do that in a loud, shoulder-to-shoulder club.

Pretty sure you can pick up bar skanks in the slow, quiet joints just as easily as at the clubs if that's your thing too.

I think one's for extroverts who want a ton of stimulus, the other is for introverts who enjoy a more quiet atmosphere when they can better focus. I happen to prefer the latter.

Drinks are also cheaper at a pub/bar
Real men go to bars/pubs.
The "men" with spiked hair, fake tan and douchey attitude go to clubs.
As I have just come from one, I must say I prefer pubs, as they fequently have live music, or buskers' nights, where I'm from, and are generally hosted by some pretty cool people. The guy who closed tonight had an incredible grasp of dynamics and songwriting ability, as well as a pretty good voice, it's a good place to chill out, converse when the music's bad, and sit in awe when it's occasionally great. The downside is that, once you go for consecutive weeks, it gets a bit samey and boring, unless the people you go with are particularly class.
Pub all the way. Only time I go to clubs is with people from my class, and I hate them. I go out for a laugh, and it's impossible for me to have fun at a club. At least in pubs you can have drinks and a good laugh.

Actually, now that I think about it, I've pulled more girls at concerts than I have at clubs. I have no problem going up to a girl in a pub and talking to her
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Both, in different situations, obviously.

I don't find pubs that conducive to good conversation, as they're always ****-off loud anyway. Nor do I find them that cheap, as outside the student union, it's mental anywhere you go in London. In fact, in a lot of student clubs, drinks are probably as cheap, if not cheaper than in pubs. £1.50 for a vodka-coke? Good luck finding that in a pub.
Quote by Hidden Hippo
Both - bar beforehand to drink, then onto a club. Alternatively drink at home then go straight to a club - much cheaper.

Sums it up about right
last.fm[/url}
Quote by gabcd86
Both, in different situations, obviously.

I don't find pubs that conducive to good conversation, as they're always ****-off loud anyway. Nor do I find them that cheap, as outside the student union, it's mental anywhere you go in London. In fact, in a lot of student clubs, drinks are probably as cheap, if not cheaper than in pubs. £1.50 for a vodka-coke? Good luck finding that in a pub.

Escape in Soho, Thursday night - 99p for a vodka and coke.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
clubs. free music and people to dance with is better than a conversation you could have had at home.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
The Winchester

I don't know of any clubs suited for me to weather the zombie apocolypse in.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I'll take a pub/bar over a club any day of the week. Clubs come across as too frantic. If I go out, I just wanna relax and enjoy the company of my friends rather than worry about who's trying to hit on my wife right in front of my face.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Pubs/bars for sure.

Clubs are ****ing over priced in every way. Packed as shit. Plus you honestly just don't hear of people getting lucky after going to a club around here.

Plus unless you're a miserable **** who lives in our shitty overpriced downtown, then good luck getting there without driving. Because you're gonna have to take the bus, and our buses aren't cheap, nor are their schedules accurate and they stop at 2 am. Or you could take a taxi but if you don't live downtown you're looking at at least 40$ one way.

So no. Not when I can drive 8 minutes down the road, grab the cheapest pitchers around (12$ for a 60oz.) and get plastered on the patio and still get chicks around, for my single friends.
Last edited by metalblaster at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by metalblaster
Pubs/bars for sure.

Clubs are ****ing over priced in every way. Packed as shit. Plus you honestly just don't hear of people getting lucky after going to a club around here.

Plus unless you're a miserable **** who lives in our shitty overpriced downtown, then good luck getting there without driving. Because you're gonna have to take the bus, and our buses aren't cheap, nor are their schedules accurate and they stop at 2 am. Or you could take a taxi but if you don't live downtown you're looking at at least 40$ one way.

So no. Not when I can drive 8 minutes down the road, grab the cheapest pitchers around (12$ for a 60oz.) and get plastered on the patio and still get chicks around, for my single friends.

i don't know where you live but here there are free clubs, free music and you usually get at least one attractive girl trying to hit on you during the night... and the buses know to run until very late ... or if they don't then the walk home isn't that far if you're a city kid.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Let's see...

Pubs have:

Smoking gardens
Reasonably priced drinks
Sociable people
Music playing at a reasonable volume
Pool table/darts etc

Clubs have:

Extortionate drinks prices
Entry fees
Obscenely loud music that very rarely is any good
No chance of having a conversation with anyone due to the above
Quote by untalented
i don't know where you live but here there are free clubs, free music and you usually get at least one attractive girl trying to hit on you during the night... and the buses know to run until very late ... or if they don't then the walk home isn't that far if you're a city kid.

Ottawa, Canada.

Whatever free clubs there are here, aren't really clubs, and they make up for it by forcing you to coatcheck for 5$ and charging more on drinks. We probably have the worst bus service around. Almost 4$ and they're always late and the main bus which serves 90% of commuters stops at 2am. If you live in the city here it depends exactly where you are. Not everyone lives smack dab in the core. Many students live in Sandy Hill which can sometimes be a good half hour walk to the core. Apartments in the core are crazy expensive. I know two girls who don't even live near the canal, they can sort of see it but it's not like a view-based apartment, they pay 2,5k a month no utilities included.

Thing is, if you're in London (the real London) or say NYC or Paris, you're obviously going to get way more accessibility to things like that because the city realizes that probably close to 80% of the population depends solely on that for transportation.

Over here it's a weird system being a federal government city but still a small population (1M). Some people make tons of money working for the government so it lessens the look of how the overall socioeconomic situation looks like in terms or plus or minus.

EDIT: Oh yeah and as of a few days ago there's no more public smoking anywhere in Ottawa. Or something like that. Can't smoke on a patio, can't smoke on a sidewalk I think, basically you can only smoke in designated areas similar to what employers do at their job site.
Last edited by metalblaster at Apr 4, 2012,
Pub all the way. I ended up doing a crawl with some dude I met earlier this evening.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Both are good/bad in their own ways.
Clubs:
GOOD:
Almost all clubs have a cheap night or two during the week with cheap drinks and no cover charge. Go to clubs on these nights
If you're into picking up skanks, they're great, there are some nice girls too, but they tend to keep to themselves.
Can be a lot of fun dancing round, getting loose with your mates. Being a douche is par for the course at clubs, so no one cares if you are one too.
BAD:
There are lotsa douchebags. It can be fun to be one yourself, but it wears off
There are lotsa skanks.
Music is always the same old shit.
Music is too loud
Most nights have cover charge (entry fee) or expensive drinks.
Pubs:
Good:
Quieter, friendlier atmosphere
Can have conversations
Can entertain yourself without resorting to being a douche/hitting on skanks
Occasionally have good bands playing
Drinks generally cheaper than clubs. Have happy hours
BAD:
Often have mediocre at best bands playing, who churn out the same crappy covers/bland rock originals.
When bands playing, music is often too loud to hear yourself properly.

Having grown up in a small town, with only pubs, I'm more of a pub person, but clubs can be a lot of fun too provided you have friends with you. Never go out on the town alone; always gonna be a poo night.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Page 1 of 2