Poll: Do you trust your country's government?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you trust your country's government?
Yes, completely.
4 1%
Yes, mostly.
20 7%
Yes, to some degree.
59 20%
I don't know.
11 4%
No, not much.
55 19%
No, mostly not.
55 19%
No, not at all.
85 29%
Voters: 289.
Page 1 of 4
Simple question that's yet oh-so complicated. Do you trust your country's government? In all issues? Some? Which ones? Do you trust them to do what they were elected to do? To do their job uncorrupted?

I don't trust Sweden's government fully, but in quite a lot of issues. I think when it comes to corruption Sweden has very little of it (compared to everywhere else), but we still have our fair share of it. I trust them to fulfill a good deal of their promises with few u-turns. With recent developments of warfare engagement I don't trust them to remain neutral exactly... not sure if I like that or not.

So hows abouts yous?

Poll will be up soon.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Your thread title makes me think of The End by The Doors.

Oh, and of course I don't trust my government.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Apr 4, 2012,
I'm a UK'er. Nobody here trusts our government...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
The U.S. government? No.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by PeZ546
You can always count on Britain's Politicians to do the right thing...

...for themselves.

Hah.

Yeah I don't trust the British government one bit. With anything.
In my studies I have come to know how inefficient, corrupt and stupid governments often are. And I am saying that about the Dutch government, probably in the top 10 of best governments.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by palm mute
Your thread title makes me think of The End by The Doors.

Haha close, but It's a Pink Floyd reference actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmKzEKYvdM
Pink's mom was really ugly. Just saying.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
As a US citizen, I can probably guess all Americans' response to this question.

Batman.
Quote by meh217
As a US citizen, I can probably guess all Americans' response to this question.

What is funny is that empirical studies show that the American government is the most efficient one in the world. (or at least in the top 3, I thought it was 1)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
What is funny is that empirical studies show that the American government is the most efficient one in the world. (or at least in the top 3, I thought it was 1)

Source?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Neo Evil11

Efficiency isn't always a good thing.
Quote by palm mute
Source?

It was in the presentation of another student in a class in september. That's why I am not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly we had a good laugh out of it.

^true, but it is better than have billions wasted with bureaucracy.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I don't completely trust the Canadian government.

According to Wikipedia, Canada's the tenth least corrupt country in the world. It could be worse, I guess.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Joeval
I'm a UK'er. Nobody here trusts our government...

It's a curious quirk of British society that we despise the people we ourselves choose to represent us, yet [for the majority] adore a family who apparently rule over us by divine right.

Actually, I once watched an Andrew Marr program where he singled out Britain's inherent distrust of its own politicians as one of the main reasons why Fascism never caught on here like it did in Europe.
I'd trust them with certain things. For example: say I had a lot of money I needed to waste on useless bullshit, or I thought people were becoming too educated in my country. I'd definitely trust our government to solve those problems.
Not a lack of trust, as in I don't believe there is some evil conspiracy going on, but a complete lack of faith.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Neo Evil11

It's ridiculous how many americans distrust, dislike, or flat out hate the government. Seriously, some adult politicians act like children when something happens that they disagree with.

+ = best friends!
First off, excellent choice of a title.

Second, I do still have some faith in the government. Most people call me crazy when I say that, but it's true. The US has its share of bad sides, but I feel that it (the people) are more than capable of correcting if something goes wrong.

Quote by BlindNematode
Mother, will they put me in the firing line...?

Mother, should I run for president?

(I know, the lyrics are not in order)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Apr 4, 2012,
Mother, will they put me in the firing line...?
They probably will if they have another draft. Although I'm Mexican so t'is near impossible down here. Back to the op, nobody in Mexico trusts their government one bit.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by behind_you

According to Wikipedia, Canada's the tenth least corrupt country in the world. It could be worse, I guess.

The Netherlands are ranked 7th. I have come across multiple massive infrastructure projects that had a corrupt cost-benefit analysis, or even a negative one but than for some reason it was still being built.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
It was in the presentation of another student in a class in september. That's why I am not 100% sure.

Ah ok.

How would one rank an efficient government anyway? If it is just how efficient they are at doing whatever they want to do then I would agree with saying the American government is efficient.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Neo Evil11
It was in the presentation of another student in a class in september. That's why I am not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly we had a good laugh out of it.

^true, but it is better than have billions wasted with bureaucracy.

We waste trillions killing other people.
government

trust

belgium

Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Last edited by vince1991 at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by Jackintehbox
I think it's our duty as citizens not to trust the government.

I really can't add to this, but it needs to be re-stated.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by captaincrunk
We waste trillions killing other people.

Ok. It was how efficient they were with the resources that they had, how close they are to the product possibility frontier. It was meant to show that in Europe a lot is lost in bureaucracy, not if what it is being spent on is actually a good thing or something... you are right with that. Ok, it does not really prove the american government isn't corrupt. I'm sorry, just that they are efficient.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by behind_you

Finland is above Sweden , its the only thing that matters!
Quote by jani92jani

Oh the scandinavian love.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jani92jani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Finns

Sweden wins again.
According to transparency international New Zealand is the country with the least "perceived corruption" but our Prime Minister John Key worked for Merrill Lynch and the US federal reserve bank - he continues to push legislation allowing foreign asset sales and dodgy patriot act type shit (70 government agencies including the Pork Board and Police have just been given the power to plant surveilance devices without warrants and can deny their existance). I don't trust my government at all and would've spoiled my vote if we didn't have a legalise cannabis party - as KRS-One said: the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
As someone who voted for Obama and plans to vote for him again:

No they're a bunch of cunts.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm in the US and why would I trust a Government that just gave the police permission to strip search every one of its citizens? It is now legal for a police officer to strip search me for almost any reason including minor traffic violations. No probable cause necessary.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Page 1 of 4