Ive got an rg 270, going to sand it and re paint it, im thinking about re shaping it a bit, rounding off the edges and making it look like an arch top
good idea or no?
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
Depends on whether you know what you're doing.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Seems like the horns are too pointy for that. But that's just my humble opinion.

Maybe make a mockup out of clay to see what it looks like first?
If you want to make it look like an archtop, you actually have to add wood, not carve it out.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Being a flat body shape, you would have to leave the area around the control cavity flat or else you'll carve through to the other side!

I can't really see it working. However if you think you can achieve desired results, then I would take a look at this plan for carving a JS. http://ashbass.com/Ibanez/Radius/RadiusPlans.jpg

The important thing to do is mark out you're center line around the thickness of the body and also mark out the final carve lines on the top.

Stay within these lines when carving (using either angle grinder, rasp, chisel) will maintain a aesthetically pleasing result.
Quote by thrashdeth
Depends on whether you know what you're doing.

I have no clue what im doing
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more