Lets hear what you've got...

Thanks
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I'm afraid this one gets done to death. A good wireless system that won't color your sound or drop off is likely to cost a lot more than $300.00. If you are intent on going wireless at that price, take a look at the digital systems from Line 6. Some people seem to be very fond of them. Wireless systems are like a lot of things in life: you get what you pay for. Price a pro system and you'll see what kind of money you are truly looking at for top-quality wireless.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The Line 6 G30 is $300 brand new, but IMO it's well worth saving up the extra $100 for the G50. I was set on buying the G30 until I tried both out, the G30 is housed in plastic and just seems unsturdy, while the G50 feels like a solid unit.

Edit: Bad type, the G30 is $300 and the G50 is $400.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Last edited by souperman08 at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by FatalGear41
I'm afraid this one gets done to death.

I was afraid of that...

Quote by FatalGear41
A good wireless system that won't color your sound or drop off is likely to cost a lot more than $300.00.

I was afraid of that as well...

Quote by FatalGear41
If you are intent on going wireless at that price, take a look at the digital systems from Line 6. Some people seem to be very fond of them.

I did look at those, and lots of good reviews... I'd imagine that unless I'm willing to spend $2500.00, I'm going to get some coloring of tone, I guess I have to decide how much color I can live with...

Thanks for the response FatalGear41...

Quote by souperman08
The Line 6 G30 is $300 brand new, but IMO it's well worth saving up the extra $400 for the G50. I was set on buying the G30 until I tried both out, the G30 is housed in plastic and just seems unsturdy, while the G50 feels like a solid unit.

Also looking at the Sennheiser Freeport... but, guitar center doesn't stock either the G30, G50, or the Freeport... so.. Trying them out is looking to be a slim prospect...

Thanks Souperman08..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by Papabear505
I was afraid of that...

I did look at those, and lots of good reviews... I'd imagine that unless I'm willing to spend $2500.00, I'm going to get some coloring of tone, I guess I have to decide how much color I can live with...

Also looking at the Sennheiser Freeport... but, guitar center doesn't stock either the G30, G50, or the Freeport... so.. Trying them out is looking to be a slim prospect...

Thanks Souperman08..

Huh?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Relay-G50-Digital-Wireless-Guitar-System-105795728-i1506230.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Relay-G30-Digital-Wireless-Guitar-System-105795710-i1506229.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sennheiser-Freeport-Wireless-Instrument-Set-270629-i1683323.gc

As far as your local GC carrying them, just ask. I went in to mine and said "Hey, I want to buy one of these, but I need to try them out first." They got them in stock in about a week, and I was able to test them out, no obligation. I now have the G50 on layaway
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Huh?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Relay-G50-Digital-Wireless-Guitar-System-105795728-i1506230.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Relay-G30-Digital-Wireless-Guitar-System-105795710-i1506229.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sennheiser-Freeport-Wireless-Instrument-Set-270629-i1683323.gc

As far as your local GC carrying them, just ask. I went in to mine and said "Hey, I want to buy one of these, but I need to try them out first." They got them in stock in about a week, and I was able to test them out, no obligation. I now have the G50 on layaway

I need it next week... I didn't mention that... I may ask my GC if he can get all three in, just to let me try them... All he can say is no.. right?... LOL
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
I was afraid of that...

Thanks Souperman08..

+311 everything colors signal some more some less. people don't like monster cables because they have a higher capacitance than the pedals in their price range, and color the tone. does that stop me from using them? no. i have at least 20 between guitar and speaker cables. shit i have 9 maybe one more speaker cables in use at the moment. their patch coards, etc.

every pedal you place in your chain colors your tone TB or not, i say TB because they are degrading the signal, and the BBP are often cheap and crappy.

a lot of this can be dialed out with a few tweaks for an amp.

hell for a while i was running a 20' cable with nothing on it, just a 20' cable through the fx loop on my splawn to tame a little bit extra presence, don't any more.

main statement, is it will likely color you tone more than the above. my point is once you hook it up, don't just plug it in and expect it to sound the same, it won't. EQ it and you will be happier.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Papabear505
I need it next week... I didn't mention that... I may ask my GC if he can get all three in, just to let me try them... All he can say is no.. right?... LOL

If you need it that soon, you're probably just better off buying some nice cables and waiting to buy a wireless unit.
So, went to Guitar Center tonight... played through 3 different units
Sennheiser ew 172 G3 @ $499.00
Nady U-800 @ $229.00
Shure PG14 @ $299.00

Drove they guy nuts plugging in the wireless then plugging in the cable, back and forth

My thoughts... (after no more than 15 minutes of playing with them at no distance between transmitter and receiver)

The Nady unit just felt cheap from the weight of the receiver, to the plastic clip on the transmitter... It added so much compression that I wouldn't have needed or wanted my compressor pedal on, and with no adjustment at all, had an overdrive effect on a clean signal.. Sounded cool, but not the effect I was looking for.

On the other end, the Sennheiser, which felt sturdy, and proffesional, like it would take a beating... but it wouldn't come on. There was only one in the store, and it didn't work.. sooooooooo... No Rate For You...

I plugged in the Shure which was as light as the Nady, but a metal wire clip instead of plastic on the transmitter, the input cable felt sturdier than the Nady, so I gave it a shot... The tone was clean, clear and crisp... If I had to put a finger on a "tone color" it might have added a small amount of Mids or perhaps a bit of compression to the tone, but definately nothing I couldn't adjust out. So, I think the guy was wanting me to get out of his hair sealed the deal with 20 bucks off the Shure Unit

Got it home, plugged it in to my rig, and it's amazing... very little adjustment, and I can't tell the difference between the cable and wireless...

Reliability still remains to be seen, but for sound, the Shure unit wins....
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
The Line 6 G50 is ****ing money. Save up just a smidge more to get it over the G30. Trust me.
Quote by bdof
Trust me.

but your in the Air Force.... (joke... Ex Army here..) Thank you for serving

They didn't have a G 50 or a G 30 in stock... Soooo.. couldn't try them...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Sennheiser freeport wireless.
I have had mine for a few years with zero issues.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Do you really need to do that much stage flippies?

Just make sure that every time you spin, you unspin too.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
In my experience if you use a wireless you still need to have a long cable in your signal path otherwise you end up sounding too hollow. As a result I don't use one as I don't want to carry round any more equipment. I also don't see a huge need from a performance perspective unless you're playing large arenas/festivals... Then again I'm not a cool guy who does a lot of running/jumping around on stage.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Do you really need to do that much stage flippies?

Just make sure that every time you spin, you unspin too.

It's not about "Flippies" or running around an arena... (especially for an old fat guy) it's more about being able to move around the stage without worrying about tripping over cables...

Torn up.. I was looking at getting a Freeport... good reviews... just didn't happen this time... I'm pretty happy with my purchase though.. Shure has made quality stuff for a lot of years..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!