Page 1 of 2
Imagine that the world has become completely stagnant in the fields of art and science.

But, it will soon be revitalized with inspiration from a previous time, such as what happened with Italy borrowing Greek culture for the Renaissance of the 15th and 16th centuries.

Choose what the inspiration is for this new renaissance, such as;

A Musician and Song/Album
An Author and Book
A philosophy/ideology (Like how humanism was applied in the Renaissance)
Any other art form
The Beatles
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Probably some kind of anarchism. If we're really starting over.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
BTBAM's Colors.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Seriously? Seriously?

Seriously? No one has mentioned this yet?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
Seriously? Seriously?

Seriously? No one has mentioned this yet?

Quote by neidnarb11890
Trout Mask Replica

YES
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Draken
Dragonball z will inspire the new renaissance.

Hell to the muddafukken yes.
last.fm[/url}
For music. Modern pop music and such will be the inspiration for what not to create. A lot of influences will be seen in 60's and 90's rock music as well as classical music, and native american/japanese/indian/persian/ancient greek music.

For art, i doubt have much of and idea what'll be comming out of this. But it is a combination of nature and pop art. As well as images of inside peoples heads, such as brain waves and surreal landscapes

Literature is psychedelich/mythology, I'm writing a novel that countributes to this.

Religion will be a fusion of well-minded christianity and Buddhism. Perhaps some pastafarian, jedi, metal and whatever the WBC is

The next renassciance will be awsome as hell
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Lil Wayne's upcoming instrumental guitar album
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I'm glad my post explained the idea well enough.

Music would be Ron Jarzombek and Guthrie Govan.
Literature would be The Bhagavad Gita and The way of Chuang Tsu.
Philosophy would also be from those books, in a Hindu/Buddhist/Taoist amalgam.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Brent DiCrescenzo's p4k review of Kid A

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/

Fellow Radiohead fan

OT: The Residents, specifically this album.
I'd love for people to start listening to their music religiously and to start moving modern music in completely insane directions.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
A new philosopher with a new concept of viewing the world and people that is revolutionary and contrary to what is happening now. Art will fall in around it, as in the last Renaissance.
Quote by institutions
That was the single shittiest, most pretentious thing i've ever read ever.

That piece of writing nearly gave me lymphoma. That said, I'm listening to Kid A right now. It's one my very favorites.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Psychonauticism
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
The new fun. album. Makes me want everything to look dapper, out of Mad Men, and laugh ridiculously.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Everyone would be tripping balls perpetually?

Oh wouldn't that be lovely?
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Crazyedd123
OT: The Residents, specifically this album.
I'd love for people to start listening to their music religiously and to start moving modern music in completely insane directions.

I agree with this completely. The Residents are fantastic. Their stage act works beautifully with the music too. It's like they're taking you into an alternate universe. Not Available has turned into one of my favorite albums. The whole thing is just amazing.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Folk ethic combined with a "high art" aesthetic or "expert" level of knowledge and performance.

Digital communications and the advances in information access, communication, production, and distribution it provides make it possible for normal people to become incredibly talented even outside of the settings and contexts that used to be necessary for that development.

...that or we'll all turn into morons staring at cats all day.
Page 1 of 2