I wrote this song over the course of the past two days and was wanting some opinions on it. Unfortunately, the only thing I have to work with is PowerTab, so there is no drum parts. That also means I can only C4C tabs with MIDI files. Thanks.

(Edit) The second rendition includes more synth parts. Tell me what you think!
Attachments:
Deeper Than the Wound.mid
Deeper Than the Wound 2.mid
Last edited by GruuvMetuhlr at Apr 5, 2012,
Thanks for the crit!

0:00 - 0:12 - The pinch harmonic doesn't sound right on midi. This'd sound better recorded.

0:13 - 0:20 - Didn't really work for me.

0:21 - 0:34 - There we go, that's the brutality metal songs need!

0:35 - 0:45 - Keeping up the brutality, fits well

0:46 - 1:00 - The keyboard doesn't work. Needs to be lower. I love the guitar arpeggios though.

1:01 - 1:14 - Solo/lead is pretty good. Solid stuff.

1:15 - 1:30 - Again, this probably sounds good irl, but didn't work on mid.

1:31 - 1:56 - Honestly, this went on for too long. I'm not a fan of breakdowns, and this didn't do it for me at all.

1:57 - 2:21 - Good bass. Pretty heavy section.

2:22 - 2:24 - The silence was too long imo, maybe one bar shorter would be better?

2:25 - 2:49 - Interesting.

2:50 - 3:18 - The transition was awful, the levels have to be mixed better. Something might've been lost in exporting the file to midi, but it needs to be looked at. The keyboard sound doesn't work either, but again, might be the mid.

The problem is either my midi renditioner or the wrong keyboard choice. The riffs are fine, the sound levels and the instruments themselves (for the keyboard) don't fit.

3:19 - 3:38 - Good.

3:39 - outro - Pretty good.

It's good, but I think a lot was lost in midi. I would really like to hear a recorded version of this. Drums would obviously help as well. Good effort!
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Thanks, I'm definitely not really good at mixing. As for drums, are there any free decent ways to program them w/ a midi track?
I'd suggest that you get Guitar Pro 5.2, it's a ridiculously powerful program.
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Quote by GruuvMetuhlr
Alright, definitely taken into consideration. Thanks for the help!

I know some stuff, if you want me i can pm you a link to a "free" version
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.