Okay, so I just bought a Jensen Mod 12-35 for my Kustom and i was able to disconnect and unscrew the speaker. This is like the smallest combo I've seen with a 12" by the way, so getting the top half screws under the amp section was quite a pain. However, that pain is nothing like what I have now. I can not get the speaker out. The amp section of the combo hangs down a good bit. With the bottom of the frame touching the bottom of the cab section, the magnet is still a good inch from clearing the amp and being able to slide out. The amp is maybe an inch thicker than the speaker, so I can't get it out. What do I do?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
You may have to disassemble the whole frame, it will be a pain, but I'm sure it will probably work.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
well, I can't imagine that they built the combo cabinet around the speaker so I'm sure there is a little secret path or trick here. I'm having trouble picturing what you described outside of the fact that it is a small combo I guess.

Can you post some pics?

It is also possible the speaker is loaded through the front in which case the front fabric may be velcro'd on or something.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

It is also possible the speaker is loaded through the front in which case the front fabric may be velcro'd on or something.

or stapled on after installing the speaker... ugh.
Based on the possible options, taking off the front fabric seems like the best option to try first.
Well the fabric doesn't come off. How do I dissasemble the frame? There's no screws or anything.
Actually, I had to take the console (the part with all the wires, capacitors, transformers, etc.) off of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe when I replaced it speaker, so its really not that uncommon. When I went to put in my beam blocker and Celestion V30, the whole process only took about an hour.
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
Well, if I have to take out the console, are there any things to be careful about? I don't wanna hurt my amp 0.0
Post some pictures. Can you even see the screws for the speaker? Is's probably front loaded as said before. The front cover can be an absolute bitch. If you can get some good photos of the front and then from inside behind(that's what she said), we can probably offer some better advice.
Quote by R45VT
Post some pictures. Can you even see the screws for the speaker? Is's probably front loaded as said before. The front cover can be an absolute bitch. If you can get some good photos of the front and then from inside behind(that's what she said), we can probably offer some better advice.

I'll see if I have a digital camera around here somewhere...but the screws holding on to the speaker are already taken out.
Whew, I disconnected the console. I think I'll be okay from here. Not nearly as scare as I thought it's be.
So it's rear mounted? The speaker is up against the back of the baffle, not the front of it?
Then you are going to have to slide out the chassis by the sounds of it. Just keep your fingers out of there, wear gloves if you are worried. DRY rubber kitchen gloves are good enough. And of course unplug it from the wall.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well thanks guys, I really mean it, even if I went a little rogue. I took out the console (Only 6 screws) And the rest was a breeze. Looks like I have a Celestion for sale now. The Mod is brand new, no breakin, and it already sounds better than before. W00T
^ sweet

Quote by Cathbard
So it's rear mounted? The speaker is up against the back of the baffle, not the front of it?

Sounds like it is similar to the Valveking. With the Valveking you take out the tubes, reverb pan and lower back panel - but not the chassis.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 4, 2012,
If you really want, I'll post pics tomorrow when I'll be able to. You're not going to see anything too interesting. Just a Kustom HV30 with a Jensen Mod speaker. Well there is one interesting thing I guess. In relation to the sticker, the prongs for the wires are on the bottom. The wires coming down from the console are very short (Less than 6 inches) so I had to put the speaker in where the sticker is upside down so the prongs were up towards the chassis...Yeah, that's not really interesting either.
Glad you got even if you went rogue.

The ends justify the means.

Even better to hear you like the way it sounds right off the bat.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Sounds like it is similar to the Valveking. With the Valveking you take out the tubes, reverb pan and lower back panel - but not the chassis.

Sure it was easier to do that than just sliding out the chassis?

Whatever is easiest gets my vote. Depends on the amp, you just gotta approach it as a type of puzzle.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification